Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Price Increase? 11/11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same! (My Gen3 only had 120k miles though). I got it because a friend of mine had a Gen2 with 300k on it. The original plan was to get a "fun" car since I had a Gen3 and a Prime, but the Prime's trunk isnt nearly as useful as the Gen3's so I opted for a larger car. Stipulation was PHEV or EV, and able to take long trips with ease. That basically narrowed it down to the MY and the Rav4 Prime. Dealers played too many games with Rav4 pricing. Tesla was straight forward.

I'll make my decision about keeping the Model Y at 3.5yrs or 45k miles... by then I should know what to expect when its out of warranty.
Funny, I also tried the Prime as a replacement for my Gen 3 but found the trunk space was decreased too much in order to make room for the battery. I was only getting about 20 EV miles per day, but the torquey feel of that electric motor had me wanting more. I sold that brand new 2021 Prius Prime Limited (an otherwise excellent car btw) and got the Model Y instead. It has a much bigger battery, and they don't try to stuff it in the trunk. :)

Toyota got a lot of things right, better than Tesla, but of course Tesla has a far superior drivetrain and battery. When Toyota releases a real EV one day I imagine it will be a very good product. For now I am loving the MY. Also, it goes fast. 😍

Reactions: Tha_Ape
It's crazy that in just a short 8 months, the LR has gone up from 49,900 to now 58,900. I would feel silly spending 9k more for a car than it's actually worth. It's the same thing as a dealer mark-up. Then again, if the demand is there and they can't fill those demands fast enough, close the gap between one trim and the top trim from 10k to now only 5k and convince the public that spending the extra 5k makes the performance trim worth buying and owning much much sooner. Good business strategy but a big F you and a middle finger to those who have continued to pay more than 49,900 for the LR. Oh Elon.
This is why: I ordered on May 5, 2021. MYLR w/Hitch, White w/Black interior. $51,990. I took delivery on 10/29/21. I sold it on 11/29/21 to Carmax with 482 miles for $64,000. I hear tell they are selling them for $67K to $68K. I am planning to order a new MYLR on January 2, 2022. Hope to take delivery later in the year with numerous upgrades including 4680 battery.