Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Price Increase [Oct 2021 & Nov 2021]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What this tells me is that everyone that was waiting for the tax credit to order, is going to pay the exact same price for the car as people who didnt wait. Its going to be the same with other dealers as well, it just wont be as transparent, since "everyone pays a different price" at regular dealers.

Reactions: Jejunjm
What this tells me is that everyone that was waiting for the tax credit to order, is going to pay the exact same price for the car as people who didnt wait. Its going to be the same with other dealers as well, it just wont be as transparent, since "everyone pays a different price" at regular dealers.
Smart folks put in the order but then placed a hold on it - like me! ;)

Reactions: hlin07 and bro1999
Smart folks put in the order but then placed a hold on it - like me! ;)

I also expect that you will likely be forced to take delivery before next year, regardless of what tesla is telling you now. They are not going to let a bunch of people carry orders past dec 31st (my opinion, without any inside knowledge but with a lot of watching how tesla operates).

Reactions: jose3030
I also expect that you will likely be forced to take delivery before next year, regardless of what tesla is telling you now. They are not going to let a bunch of people carry orders past dec 31st (my opinion, without any inside knowledge but with a lot of watching how tesla operates).
They updated the order agreement so people can't do this anymore. In the fine print it says you need to take delivery within 90 days

It looks like Tesla has add MSM to the included color options now for no increase in price.

The new breakdown is:

White: Included
MSM: Included
Blue: $1,000
Black: $1,500
Red: $2,000

How many more MSM will we see on the road now?

1636083048483.png

Dang. I'm currently deciding if I can leverage the crazy used car prices to upgrade our vehicles.

I bought a SR+ last June, has 11000 miles on it. Tesla was offering $35K; Carvana $41K; KBB via Toyota $45-49K (probably too good to be true). At the time, the real price difference between SR+ and LR was $12K when factoring in sales tax incentives. At the time, that was too much for the extra range and dual motors. However, no if I trade in the M3 to Tesla for $35K or elsewhere for $40K, the cost to trade up to a LR becomes about $7K IF the tax credit is passed and applied. The difficult thing is timing a Tesla trade in with purchase, since my guess is the SR+ used price will drop dirastically after the EV credit passes.

Which got me thinking, maybe I trade in the SR+ now to get a Highlander Hybrid or Kia Telluride to replace the Nissan Rogue my wife currently drives. Order the LR, drive the Rogue for a few months, and then trade that in for a LR in the new year.

Neither car needs replacing, but it is tempting!

They updated the order agreement so people can't do this anymore. In the fine print it says you need to take delivery within 90 days
Which is exactly why I put in my order mid October. Still feel foolish for not buying earlier in the year like March or something, but hoping to time it just right to get the lower price and the credit… probably a pipe dream.

Dang. I'm currently deciding if I can leverage the crazy used car prices to upgrade our vehicles.

I bought a SR+ last June, has 11000 miles on it. Tesla was offering $35K; Carvana $41K; KBB via Toyota $45-49K (probably too good to be true). At the time, the real price difference between SR+ and LR was $12K when factoring in sales tax incentives. At the time, that was too much for the extra range and dual motors. However, no if I trade in the M3 to Tesla for $35K or elsewhere for $40K, the cost to trade up to a LR becomes about $7K IF the tax credit is passed and applied. The difficult thing is timing a Tesla trade in with purchase, since my guess is the SR+ used price will drop dirastically after the EV credit passes.

Which got me thinking, maybe I trade in the SR+ now to get a Highlander Hybrid or Kia Telluride to replace the Nissan Rogue my wife currently drives. Order the LR, drive the Rogue for a few months, and then trade that in for a LR in the new year.

Neither car needs replacing, but it is tempting!

I dont know about a Highlander hybrid, but the Telluride was going for Way over MSRP... like 6-10k or even more at some dealerships, so if thats something you want to deal with (unlikely) you can, but I doubt it would be a "palatable" experience hunting for one of those.

Sellers market really only works if you dont need to buy something to replace it, or, in the case of tesla, where you can buy the replacement without a huge markup (although the price has gone up like 5-6k this year i think).

Just like housing... selling your home right now might get a great price, but that only works if you dont want to buy something to replace it, or can "sit it out" until things "correct" which may be a while.

Tesla's Plan for Model 3 Price Increase

Oct Week 1 +$2000 (LFP battery and demand?)
Oct Week 3 +$2000 (LFP battery and demand?)
Nov Week 1 +$1000 (Include MSM)
Nov Week 3 +$1000 (Include DBM)
Dec Week 1 +$2000 (Include Solid Black)
Dec Week 3 +$1000 (Include Black and White Interior)
Jan Week 1, holiday sale is now over, only pearl white/black interior/aero is included and the price stays the same. :D

• Funny
Reactions: jose3030 and hlin07
Amazing! The SR+ price increased $7,000 from $38K in February-March 2021 to $45K today.

Prices are reverting back to 2018 when the federal tax credit applied. A few more price hikes to go.

View attachment 729487
Interesting comparison here between my two Model 3 purchase agreements.

Feb. 2018 Model 3 LR RWD:
xdNySjQ.jpg

Sept. 2021 Performance:
Cz5HB6H.jpg

Of course this doesn't account for the fact the 2018 earned the full tax credit.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2