Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another rear end accident on AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what your dumb truck's manual has to say about its AEB system.
It says this
The Pre-Collision Assist feature uses camera technology to detect a potential collision with a vehicle or pedestrian directly in front of yours during day or nighttime driving.* It can help reduce the severity of, and in some cases can eliminate, a frontal collision.If a potential collision is detected, an alert sound is emitted and a warning message displays in the message center. If your response is not sufficient, Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) will precharge and increase brake-assist sensitivity to provide full responsiveness when you do brake. If you don’t take corrective action and a collision is imminent, brakes can apply automatically.

*Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) can detect pedestrians, but not in all conditions, and does not replace safe driving. See your owner’s manual for system limitations.

I haven't tested it to full stop. But if Im quickly coming up in stopped vehicles the audible warning comes on and the truck starts to slow. Then I stop it. A light touch of the brake pedal seems to exert more force than usual operation. Get false positives sometimes if someone is turning out of the lane. I know im good but a computer cant tell the intentions of others. So far its nice.

Reactions: DopeGhoti