Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another "Should I Upgrade" Question 2016 90D to 2020 Long Range X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the exact same boat now with my 2016 75X. I’ve pretty much decided to trade it in on a 2020 LR+. I found an inventory car in California that is exactly what I want but I’d have to pay 2k to get it shipped. Any chance they might give me the Unlimited supercharging even though they don’t seem to be offering that now?

I’m in the exact same boat now with my 2016 75X. I’ve pretty much decided to trade it in on a 2020 LR+. I found an inventory car in California that is exactly what I want but I’d have to pay 2k to get it shipped. Any chance they might give me the Unlimited supercharging even though they don’t seem to be offering that now?

I doubt it, they are more likely to send you an inventory car with loads of problems then blame it on shipping!

Just wait a month, they will offer lots of freebes and there will be more options.

• Love
Reactions: tierneyalvin
Pretty sure Tesla removes Unlimited Supercharging on every used car they sell. They now tie it to the first owner only, if it is offered.

I’m going through the same dilemma right now. 2016 X90D, great condition, 242 rated range at 100%, and just under the 50k miles.

I’m sitting here trying to decide if I buy the ESA and keep the car, which has nothing wrong with it, but looking at the newer LR/100D for a trip from Chicago to Phoenix this winter. There is some substantial time saved between the two cars. I’m likely going to keep it and wait to see what comes out in the next year or two and make my family suffer through the 8+ hours of charge stops. Hah.

If I could pay to upgrade to a 100k battery, I would be first in line.

I've been thinking that if the announcements on battery day are as big as we all seem to be thinking they're going to be, it might drive down all the prices of used Tesla's. Might be smarter to sell it or trade it in now, rather than wait until then. You could postpone your delivery until after September, but I don't think it'll make any difference. I think whatever they're going to ship you is going to be the new thing. Extended warranty is a good sales advantage as well.

2016 Model X 65k miles I only got $43k. I did get the 5k and free supercharging since my X was listed on the “existing inventory” section of the site.

Can I ask how much the total cost of change/upgrade was?

Here in the UK the price of the X has gone up so much I'm keeping our 2017 car till the 8 year battery warranty is up.

Its the only car I have owned after 3.5 years it still makes me smile every time I get in it :).

Reactions: MarkoC
Can I ask how much the total cost of change/upgrade was?

Here in the UK the price of the X has gone up so much I'm keeping our 2017 car till the 8 year battery warranty is up.

Its the only car I have owned after 3.5 years it still makes me smile every time I get in it :).
I’m looking at 2020 LR+ X and the price is before taxes and fees, without FSD is 84k. That is about the same price as I paid for my 2016 75 X a little over 4 years ago.

I’m looking at 2020 LR+ X and the price is before taxes and fees, without FSD is 84k. That is about the same price as I paid for my 2016 75 X a little over 4 years ago.

US prices might be different, invoice price for our 6 seater with white interior X was £72K (including the old £1K off referral 'award') in 2017, cheapest new 6 seater white X today is £91K. We can probably still get £45-50K private sale for our X, but still equates to £45K to swap into essentially the identical car but with more range.

For the same cost difference to swap into a newer X we could get a brand new LR AWD 3 to sit along side our 2017 X.

50243723477_9a5bc259a0_c.jpg

50243514326_6d301507e5_c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkoC