Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti-social behaviour at Tesla SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's all fine until a software or hardware glitch lets someone drive away with the supercharger cable - unbeknownst to them - plugged in... Destroying the supercharger stall, significantly damaging their car, and leaving you with a very large bill and possible criminal charges....

It's all fine until a software or hardware glitch lets someone drive away with the supercharger cable - unbeknownst to them - plugged in... Destroying the supercharger stall, significantly damaging their car, and leaving you with a very large bill and possible criminal charges....
Expensive bill for then is a bonus.
Criminal charges would be extremely hard to argue when you just plugged the car in.

I am quite sure everyday many people try and drive away with the car plugged in, if there was a bug that allowed it to happen then this would be happening often, 100x more likely an ICE car drives away with the pump nozzle attached!

I am quite sure everyday many people try and drive away with the car plugged in, if there was a bug that allowed it to happen then this would be happening often, 100x more likely an ICE car drives away with the pump nozzle attached!
I’ve certainly had it a couple of times where I’ve stopped a charge from inside the car, become distracted, then tried to drive off forgetting to unplug. 🙃