Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any chance Apple play could be a software upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslas obviously would not be, since they don't even support phone music playback via USB on their own media player software.

Essentially every car manufactured after 2011 can play music from phones over USB. This boggles my mind that Tesla doesn’t allow it. As an audiophile I can definitely tell the difference. My last car had Bluetooth streaming but I specifically made the effort to plug it in for better quality.

Essentially every car manufactured after 2011 can play music from phones over USB. This boggles my mind that Tesla doesn’t allow it. As an audiophile I can definitely tell the difference. My last car had Bluetooth streaming but I specifically made the effort to plug it in for better quality.

Yeah, that's why all my music is on a USB key in the Tesla... the interface still sucks but the quality is a lot better.

• Helpful
Reactions: X Fan
I’m fairly certain that you don’t need a special bit of hardware in a CarPlay client. I have a cheap dongle that does it for Android tablet. Not very well, I concede....

But I agree with those that say it’s mostly down to a mix of not G’ing a F and some sense of propriety about the UX.