TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Any chance the Alliant 1.49% APR loan might come back in November, or any other deals you know?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by JimmyMcNulty, Nov 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JimmyMcNulty

JimmyMcNulty Member

First of all, many thanks again to everyone who opined on the few threads I started while finalizing my purchase.

It's been a painful (yet pleasurable) process, and my order is locked in as of today: a silver Model S 90D. Very happy with my choice. I will most likely drive it for as long as it runs.

Delivery will be in December. Since loan approvals are valid for 30 days, should I wait until I actually have an exact delivery date?

And here's the main question: any chance we might see an APR deal from Alliant (or any other institutions) within November?

Appreciate it, y'all.

2. HebrHmr

HebrHmr Member

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. JimmyMcNulty

JimmyMcNulty Member

Thanks, but link says 1.83. Not sure if the 0.16 difference is worth stepping outside the Tesla/Alliant comfort zone.

4. eyespii

eyespii Member

.5% discount for energy efficient vehicles, so 1.33%.

Digital credit union has 1.74% - .25% discount = 1.49% right now too.

5. HebrHmr

HebrHmr Member

It was recommended by my Owner/Advisor if that helps.

6. JimmyMcNulty

JimmyMcNulty Member

Ah, thanks, didn't notice that! Long day.

7. JimmyMcNulty

JimmyMcNulty Member

Thank you very much, this is the winning credit union so far.

If I apply now, and delivery day happens to be mid-December, I'd have to reapply, correct? Better hold off for now?

8. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Of course there's a chance. Anything is possible. While you are waiting why not check with Pedfed.org? 1.49 %

9. HebrHmr

HebrHmr Member

Can't hurt to ask. I'd just explain to them it could deliver in two weeks or two months and you want to be ready. I already applied for mine with USAA and I can adjust the purchase date out by months.

10. No2DinosaurFuel

No2DinosaurFuel Active Member

Actually it might be 1.43%

The energy efficient vehicles discount excludes other discount. Hence you might lose the .1% discount for autopayment. Meaning 1.93% - 0.5% = 1.43%.

11. jchag

jchag Member

+1 for DCU!

12. Gentilly7

Gentilly7 Member

Do any of these low rates have 72 month terms? It seems the best rates are at 60 month terms.

13. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

I would wait for the financial institution to pull your credit report until you are within 30 days of delivery, otherwise they will pull it again.

14. Ojas Ray

Ojas Ray Member

I believe DCU only does max 50K

15. Jokershere

Jokershere Member

16. randy1077

randy1077 Model X60 Vin 180XX. Reverved 8/11/2016

This is not true. I have borrowed 68K and 58K recently from them. They will also finance the tax and all fees, unlike others. I've been with them for 20 years. They will even send you a blank cashiers check that you can write out up to the maximum approved amount. Just ask for an Autocheck. I've never seen any other bank do this.

17. Jokershere

Jokershere Member

I think you meant PenFed. The 1.49% rate is for only 36 months. I applied with them an got approved for the 60 months at 1.99%. I was told that was locked for 90 days. I have mid-December delivery date on my Tesla

• Informative x 1
  18. TSLATed

TSLATed Member

I financed my Model S w/ FAIRWINDS Credit Union. They currently have 36 month auto loans at 0.75% (0.89% APR), Plus 90 days with no payments. I haven't seen anything better than this anywhere in the country. Give them a call if you're eligible to be a member.

New car smell starting at .89%

19. Ojas Ray

Ojas Ray Member

how smooth was the buying experience? i know alliant is famous for its simplicity -- here is my issue... alliant i am getting 1.99 and with a loan that is pretty substantial -- and they have no penalty for early pay off ... currently taking the same amount for a 36 month loan -- would not be feasible...

20. TSLATed

TSLATed Member

The person I spoke with at Fairwinds had experience recently financing other Teslas, so it went smoothly. My purchase order PDF showed up in the MyTesla portal about 3 days before delivery, I sent a copy to Fairwinds and they gave me the cashier's check the next day. I walked into the Tesla dealer on delivery day and handed over the check just like I was paying in cash. Super-smooth and easy. No early payoff penalties, and the 90 days with no payments was pretty awesome. They also offered to re-amortize the loan for free after I receive my $7,500 tax credit in early 2017 if I choose to use that money to pay down the loan balance. That should cut my payments by a few hundred dollars per month. Overall, I highly recommend!