Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any chance the Alliant 1.49% APR loan might come back in November, or any other deals you know?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all, many thanks again to everyone who opined on the few threads I started while finalizing my purchase.

It's been a painful (yet pleasurable) process, and my order is locked in as of today: a silver Model S 90D. Very happy with my choice. I will most likely drive it for as long as it runs.

Delivery will be in December. Since loan approvals are valid for 30 days, should I wait until I actually have an exact delivery date?

And here's the main question: any chance we might see an APR deal from Alliant (or any other institutions) within November?

Appreciate it, y'all.

Thank you very much, this is the winning credit union so far.

If I apply now, and delivery day happens to be mid-December, I'd have to reapply, correct? Better hold off for now?

Can't hurt to ask. I'd just explain to them it could deliver in two weeks or two months and you want to be ready. I already applied for mine with USAA and I can adjust the purchase date out by months.

I believe DCU only does max 50K
This is not true. I have borrowed 68K and 58K recently from them. They will also finance the tax and all fees, unlike others. I've been with them for 20 years. They will even send you a blank cashiers check that you can write out up to the maximum approved amount. Just ask for an Autocheck. I've never seen any other bank do this.

I financed my Model S w/ FAIRWINDS Credit Union. They currently have 36 month auto loans at 0.75% (0.89% APR), Plus 90 days with no payments. I haven't seen anything better than this anywhere in the country. Give them a call if you're eligible to be a member.

New car smell starting at .89%
how smooth was the buying experience? i know alliant is famous for its simplicity -- here is my issue... alliant i am getting 1.99 and with a loan that is pretty substantial -- and they have no penalty for early pay off ... currently taking the same amount for a 36 month loan -- would not be feasible...

how smooth was the buying experience? i know alliant is famous for its simplicity -- here is my issue... alliant i am getting 1.99 and with a loan that is pretty substantial -- and they have no penalty for early pay off ... currently taking the same amount for a 36 month loan -- would not be feasible...

The person I spoke with at Fairwinds had experience recently financing other Teslas, so it went smoothly. My purchase order PDF showed up in the MyTesla portal about 3 days before delivery, I sent a copy to Fairwinds and they gave me the cashier's check the next day. I walked into the Tesla dealer on delivery day and handed over the check just like I was paying in cash. Super-smooth and easy. No early payoff penalties, and the 90 days with no payments was pretty awesome. They also offered to re-amortize the loan for free after I receive my $7,500 tax credit in early 2017 if I choose to use that money to pay down the loan balance. That should cut my payments by a few hundred dollars per month. Overall, I highly recommend!