Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Colorado deliveries post factory reopen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in the neighborhood, so I walked the Littleton lot this afternoon. I saw 8 or 9 model Y. There was only 1 white interior. There were several Blue/Black PUP. Highest VIN was 15xxx. I saw a few fit issues, the taillights do not line up like the Model X on the lot. I'd say all but 1 had issues with the charging door. I did not see many paint issues, but they are all dirty from dust and light rain. I received the 1-2 week text 7 days ago, so I hope mine arrives soon.

Welp....
Today got a VIN and then an email to schedule delivery (which I did for June 29th). Now on my Tesla account, I no longer have a VIN, but I still have my delivery scheduled posted. So confusing. I guess I will call Superior SC tomorrow and figure out what the deal is....

Got the following text a few hours ago:

"Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/26 - 6/29 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built.

Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready."

Got the following text a few hours ago:

"Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/26 - 6/29 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built.

Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready."

Got a similar update with 6/27-6/30 earlier today. Then went on to my Tesla page this evening and the VIN was no longer there...WTF.

Got a VIN for a AWD/MSM/White/FSD on Friday. Rep said it was on a truck to Denver Littleton so likely arrived today (if it was indeed on a truck). Will call up to Littleton tomorrow and check. Hoping for a quick turn around shipping it to NM. No indication on delivery (just the 1-2 weeks from last Sunday). Would have gone to pick it up if it wasn't for the pandemic. Flying is a bit of a PiA right now and if I followed NM law (which I probably would) I would have to isolate for 14 days after returning.

The vin is 017xxx.

• Love
Reactions: aburrows
Got a VIN for a AWD/MSM/White/FSD on Friday. Rep said it was on a truck to Denver Littleton so likely arrived today (if it was indeed on a truck). Will call up to Littleton tomorrow and check. Hoping for a quick turn around shipping it to NM. No indication on delivery (just the 1-2 weeks from last Sunday). Would have gone to pick it up if it wasn't for the pandemic. Flying is a bit of a PiA right now and if I followed NM law (which I probably would) I would have to isolate for 14 days after returning.

The vin is 017xxx.

Mine is the exact same configuration and is "apparently" being delivered next week. VIN 18xxx. Fingers are crossed.

I found the VIN and hour ago and we just got the text to schedule delivery. We have two open orders and will be relinquishing this one so that means good news for someone. Hopefully we get notification for the other one in coming week.
I found the VIN on the performance order last night. We're calling today to let them know we'll just be taking delivery of the performance car. Hopefully that means someone else local can take delivery of the AWD car.

If it is Red/White with FSD, I'll take it. :)
Sorry, but it's white/white.

Actually, we just missed a call from Tesla. The voicemail stated the AWD car was still in California and that they had delayed the delivery from Tuesday until Saturday. We just informed them that we're only going to buy the performance Y at this time so they should be able to route the AWD Y to a different location, if necessary.

Just got word that the performance Y is already en route and delivery could be as soon as Friday!

Just posted this in "Colorado VIN" thread as well...

Alright, as if tracking your car, getting a VIN and getting a delivery without a delay isnt enough, here is my conversation 2 minutes ago with Superior SC (I called them to make sure I had all my ducks in a row for pick up next monday). FYI, this employees says he has worked for TESLA for 4 years (so reportedly has a fair amount of experience).

When I gave him my Res number and VIN, he said "This is very odd and NOT something I have ever seen. Your MY is being shipped to Tampa, Florida first and then back to Colorado. I think we should switch your VIN because it could take 4 weeks for it to make the journey to Florida and then back to Colorado (seemed a bit of an exaggeration since transports only take a 4-6 days cross country). We would likely get another car for you with a different VIN faster than waiting for the one heading to Florida. It will also save you potential paint and chipped windows from the 1 1/2 times across the USA that the car will experience".

After realizing that my interior is white, he changed his tune saying that "You might be better off keeping your VIN since it's a white interior (perhaps implying there are not tons of white interiors coming in to colorado everyday)". Then he actually TRACKED the car down on his site and said "The vehicle is actually in Arizona right now, so I am going to contact the high level people and see if we can get the car rerouted from either Arizona or our Texas SC so it doesnt have to go all the way to Florida and back".

The guy sounded really nice and helpful, but I am skeptical about him being able to get the car taken off of transport in AZ or TX and having it sent north to Colorado. Its also annoying and weird, that they gave a delivery day next week if the car was planning on going all the way to Florida first. Seems like they are just putting vehicles on transports and shipping them out as fast as they can even if they have to go to Nova Scotia FIRST before they end up back at a California SC.

I guess, I will know eventually if the vehicle comes to Colorado by Monday. I offered him a case of beer if the car arrives by my delivery day on June 29th ;-)

BTW, someone else had mentioned UNITED ROAD as a TESLA transport company but my Superior, CO SC guy denied that they use them exclusively.

MSM/White/Performance/No PUP/+FSD/No hitch

A truck full of Model Y’s was delivered to Superior just before noon today. They were unloading it as I drove by. Two white MY’s spotted and I’m pretty sure mine is one of them. I couldn’t stop at the time and then on the way back, it seems they have moved or positioned where they’re inside or can’t be seen. So...

• Informative
Reactions: aburrows
Are people taking delivery in CO experiencing the horrific issues noted elsewhere in this forum? For issues that you do find, how responsive are the CO service centers? Specifically Superior?
I cant comment on the quality of the vehicles but I have had 3 phone calls with Superior SC (3 different people) and "so far" they have been exceptional people to work with. Definitely NOT like a normal car dealership. They have been helpful, knowledgeable, reassuring and unrushed on the phone with me. They give me confidence that they will at least work with you when the vehicle arrives and aim to please! Fingers are crossed... Im suppose to pick up my MY next week and will update my experience.

Reactions: durjosep