Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Experience with Mr. Tint or Elite Auto Films, San Jose?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All. Just wondering if any of you have had any experience with Mr. Tint or Elite Auto Films in San Jose. I'm planning on doing a factory pick-up of my Model 3 when it's ready. I know OCDetailing in Fremont has a strong following in the Tesla enthusiast community, but he's in the opposite direction of the way I'm going. I'm going to probably be staying with my mother in Los Altos, so I'd rather take it to somewhere a little closer to there. Any other recommendations appreciated.

if i remember correctly, Mr Tint was one of the cheaper options when i was shopping and when i spoke with them, they use pre-cut film where possible(not sure what that means exactly) but what you want is a custom cut where they wrap around edges. i ended up going with SS customs and first time around i had to bring the car back to them but everything was corrected and the owner stands behind their work.

also I dont think you can pick up at the factory anymore, its a off site location nearby where they deliver the cars now so i dont think there is any benefit of doing it there vs your local Tesla store

I know I may not be able to do a literal "factory pickup" but I'd still like to schedule a factory tour (if they even still offer them) and pick it up in the area. In terms of pre-cut vs. custom-cut, the pre-cut are kits that are designed for the specific model. They're usually pretty good, but don't offer the "full" coverage of custom-cut films. I'm kind of on the fence right now. If anyone has any experience with either and cautionary tales about avoiding one or the other, would like to hear.

I've had both pre-cut kits and custom cut kits done on my cars

they both do their job in terms of protecting the covered areas

if you're going for custom cut, make sure you go with a good place because its all up to the installers and their quality of work(i would specifically ask if they wrap around edges) this will give the install a cleaner look and make the clear bra almost invisible.

as for pre-cut, its probably slightly cheaper since they dont have to make the cuts themselves and you wont have them cutting on your paint but the downside is that you will see the where the clear bra starts and finishes(it doesnt wrap around the edges), although its not noticeable at a 5feet distance. this may/may not bother some people. basically the clear bra will reach the ends and leave a few mm