Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any fast chargers from Concord NH to to Montreal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@omega Yeah, the need for a plan kind of sucks. Right now, I'm enjoying the it, but I have a feeling that the novelty is going to wear off quick. I'm sure you've had it.

@Robert.Boston yes that's a great point. Even if the build out hasn't been as fast as everyone would like (particularly in the north-east), Tesla has just done an amazing job with the Supercharger as a concept. Without them, I never would have even considered buying the car.

How well does the Chademo charger work?

My experience has been the adapter is great, but the chargers themselves are not good. I've now made the Boston-Montreal trip six times. I've experienced two Fuji charger failures, and one Nissan failure. For me, the Fuji's charge around 25kW, and the Nissan units do around 50kW. In general, I assume that when I pull up to a CHAdeMO station it will not work. I always have a backup station lined up, just in case.

I would recommend the CHAdeMO adapter *if* you know that there are routes you drive that have stations along the way and can deal with a little planning and uncertainty.

@mattmass, was wondering if it was you that we ran into at the Freedom Nissan last month heading to Boston from Montreal? We were in a red MS, it was kinda rainy and the dealership was having a BBQ.

For the owners on this thread, the Fuji chargers failed for us both ways 100% (0/4 Red Hen twice, Credit Union, Burlington garage). The EVGo chargers worked really well at Ben and Jerry's and the Hampton Inn at WRJ. My thoughts on the EVGo chargers is that there is a physical clamp to make the connection with the adapter more secure but this is just theory. The Freedom Nissan dealership in Burlington was the key.

My experience has been the adapter is great, but the chargers themselves are not good. I've now made the Boston-Montreal trip six times. I've experienced two Fuji charger failures, and one Nissan failure. For me, the Fuji's charge around 25kW, and the Nissan units do around 50kW. In general, I assume that when I pull up to a CHAdeMO station it will not work. I always have a backup station lined up, just in case.

I would recommend the CHAdeMO adapter *if* you know that there are routes you drive that have stations along the way and can deal with a little planning and uncertainty.

@mattmass, was wondering if it was you that we ran into at the Freedom Nissan last month heading to Boston from Montreal? We were in a red MS, it was kinda rainy and the dealership was having a BBQ.

Yup that was me! Really hope I didn't hold you up for too long and you made it out just fine.

On another trip, that same Nissan dealership's CHAdeMO station gave out on me. Began complaining about a thermal issue. I made it to my destination, but it was still out of commission on the way back. I called ChargePoint, and they said they take care of it. From the comments on PlugShare, it's unclear if its been fixed or not.

I've used the station at Ben and Jerry's as well, and it's worked out great. But the 30 min limit of the eVgo stations is pretty annoying. I've had to do two sessions both times. Luckily, they were all free at the time, but now I believe they are charging in Vermont. It's still cheaper than gas, but $10 per session doesn't feel great.

I'm actually going to be doing the drive again next weekend, and I've got my fingers crossed that Lebanon will be open by then.