Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any have the rear load floor support break? (cargo cover support)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other day we opened the trunk and saw one of the two supports for the rear cargo cover was broken. Has this happened to anyone else? We typically only have about 30-50 lbs of stuff back there. Any idea what the repair might cost? It looks like the right cladding needs to be removed and then a large piece of plastic replaced.
IMG_5428.jpg IMG_5427.jpg IMG_5365.jpg IMG_5429.jpg

I had this happen recently. At first I tried separating the plastic cap from the inner piece, gluing the inner piece back into place, and reassembling. Worked briefly but the glue didn’t hold. I took it into the service center, and it was an easy under-30-minute fix for them to remove the side carpet, replace the “right rear minion bracket” (passenger side) plastic piece, and reassembled it good as new, along with the usual inspection. Part was in stock, and so easy for them to do that I regretted spending any time trying to do it myself first.

I had this happen recently. At first I tried separating the plastic cap from the inner piece, gluing the inner piece back into place, and reassembling. Worked briefly but the glue didn’t hold. I took it into the service center, and it was an easy under-30-minute fix for them to remove the side carpet, replace the “right rear minion bracket” (passenger side) plastic piece, and reassembled it good as new, along with the usual inspection. Part was in stock, and so easy for them to do that I regretted spending any time trying to do it myself first.

Thank you so much for your reply! Looking at the way it broke and my personal experience trying to glue broken things back together, I called the Service Center. We are waiting on the part to come in now.

Ours broke as well and all my wife puts on top is our Vista stroller. When I mentioned it to our service center they tried to tell me that this was not covered under warranty but they would make a one time exception.

I asked what the official weight was because If it can’t even hold a stroller, then what good is the floor support for then. They couldn’t give me that answer....

We’re scheduled on 6/3 for the fix.

I have a broken floor support for some time. I had an appointment at Tesla Service, and I made about 700km to get there. Apparently they got wrong part, and I waited in a hotel for 2 days. Finally they did not replace it, and promised that they will send me the parts, and I could replace them by myself. I got the parts twice, both wrong. After sending them pictures and making clear what was the difference, I finally got correct parts. Unfortunately I tried to remove the sides without any luck. Since the waiting time for service is 2 months, I am looking for an instruction how to do it, did any of you see how was it done in your case ? The side seems to be blocked by the rear, and the rear behaves like it was fixed with glue or something. Any ideas ?

Happened to me 2 weeks ago, I put 2 25 kg (55 lbs) bags of cement on the floor, which held just fine at first, but still I found the right hand one collapsed later that day.
Tried the glue approach myself, to no avail, and today Tesla fixed it under warranty (I was at SeC for smth else, and they happened to have the part in stock).

The other day we opened the trunk and saw one of the two supports for the rear cargo cover was broken. Has this happened to anyone else? We typically only have about 30-50 lbs of stuff back there. Any idea what the repair might cost? It looks like the right cladding needs to be removed and then a large piece of plastic replaced.
View attachment 399325 View attachment 399326 View attachment 399327 View attachment 399328
It’s a common repair at the service center. Obviously a design flaw that was upgraded on newer MX’s. Of course the service center will not tell you that though.