Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any idea how to remove this stain?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far, I had been lucky and any stains cleaned up easily with conventional methods but today, I noticed a stain on the driver's seat. Any idea how to remove this type of stain?

20210826_163323.jpg
20210826_163323.jpg

That would be my fear to. Even letting a friend that went from their dusty old car and into my white seat I noticed I ended up with lint and a dot of faint brown. So I've been lucky with a microfiber towel and Meguiar's G13616 Quik Interior Cleaner. I had to restore a old Mini with this stuff and it got the funk out pretty nice.
What have you tried so far?

That would be my fear to. Even letting a friend that went from their dusty old car and into my white seat I noticed I ended up with lint and a dot of faint brown. So I've been lucky with a microfiber towel and Meguiar's G13616 Quik Interior Cleaner. I had to restore a old Mini with this stuff and it got the funk out pretty nice.
What have you tried so far?
Magic Eraser with different cleaners. Greased Lightning with baby wipes, baby wipes by themselves.. I even tried acetone on a q-tip.. Armor All interior cleaner, Shout stain remover...

If you can figure out what caused the stain you can search Google for what will take it out. There is also an Alexa skill for Tide Detergent where you can ask Tide.

I would try some Isopropyl alcohol (70%) on a clean cloth. (Note: do not use Rubbing Alcohol as it contains a skin lubricant.) This works on ink and chocolate stains better than some other cleaners.

Reactions: FloridaSun
I have not read any cautions about cleaning the Tesla Model Y seats using Ammonia cleaning solution. I would mix the Ammonia with water 50/50 and apply to the stain using a clean cloth with a light touch. Ammonia is great at removing grease and grime. The smell quickly goes away.

Try Windex and a Magic Eraser
Respectfully disagree with a Magic Eraser. As many others have mentioned, that is a light abrasive. NOT GOOD for the vinyl.

If none of the other suggestions work, you might want to try diluted (10 to 1) degreaser. For example, that's the only thing that works for me to remove sunblock from the black seats.

Reactions: DeLaCruz