Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Issues with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want to use a 1200 to 2000 psi pressure washer use a softer flow nozzle. If you can’t put your hand in the stream 6” from the tip than the spray is too concentrated. Only use it a foot or two from the car and only from the top down. Keep it away from door/trunk jams and rubber seals.
Personally on vehicles I only use a pressure washer on underbodies, wheel wells, lower hard to clean plastic cladding on our SUV and on our Weathertech floor liners. On car exteriors I use a garden hose soft spray, microfiber mitt and 3D products PH balanced Pink Car Soap.

Pink Car Soap

Mobile technician came by and fixed the door handle. Corroded door spring (but how, car is only 2 months old?). Nice that I didn't have to visit a service centre to have it done. Fixed centre console issue too. Now just waiting for body shop to contact me about fixing door seals and panels touching.

Sent an email to Tesla requesting an appointment for a laundry list of items I have:
  • Left Drive Stalk Cover Lifting
  • Rear passenger windows seals bulging
  • Piano black scratched from included microfibre cloth
  • Rear passenger side lower panel has faded/washed out colour in spots (vs other side)
  • Rear passenger side window has very large gap compared to driver side passenger window
  • Trunk panel gap larger on one side than other
  • Rear passenger side handle too recessed compared to other handles
  • Glove box misaligned, odd gaps
  • Passenger seat rattle in certain positions
After seeing my list they asked for pictures, as well for me to stop by so they could see if any parts needed to be ordered.

Results of my initial stop just to verify my issues and order parts:
  1. Panel gap, window gap, and door handles were all within spec unfortunately, though they will adjust the rear passenger window since the gap looks silly vs rest of car. Handle depth won't be adjusted since he is worried about introducing other issues.
  2. Door seals will be fixed, drive stalk cover will be fixed
  3. Glove box will be replaced, part on order
  4. Passenger seat motor was also making a whine I didn't note originally, and the technician helping me noted the motor was wiggling possibly contributing to the rattle. The entire passenger seat will be replaced, part on order.
  5. I inquired about replacing the piano black trim pieces in the middle of car as I had scratched them just wiping down with included microfibre.. The service manager came out and didn't even know if he could get the part, not to mention he seemed reluctant to help me out since it's a tricky situation. We agreed that they would try polishing it first, which they did on the spot and it did come out a bit better, but a few scratches were still prevalent. I will be hearing from the service manager regarding a replacement at some point.
  6. My rear passenger door lower panel had some weird fade/colour variations. Seems like the material stretched a bit too far when the part was being made. Anyways, they applied some product to see if that helped. I will report back with any improvements.

Reactions: yyzunderdog
I've discovered a couple minor issues with my model 3.

1. a paint imperfection on the rear driver side door.

2. the driver side rear tail light has a much larger gap between it and the car body than the one of the driver side.

I phoned the Tesla service centre and left a message about this. They phoned me back within an hour and had arranged for me to visit a local body shop (Prestige Collision & Glass in Kelowna) and they also booked an appointment for me to visit the Tesla service centre to have the gap on the light fixed (they mentioned it should take less than 2 hours) The paint issue turned out to just be some hazing in the clear coat that Prestige was able to fix with a little buffing. And my appointment for the light is this coming Friday so we'll see how that goes. This is my first experience with Tesla service and I was happy they got back to me quickly and that they were helpful. I can certainly understand that things can go wrong with early production and I'm ok with that as long as Tesla is willing to resolve the issues and so far my impression is that they most certainly are.

Otherwise am very happy with my model 3, it's such a fun car to drive. I'll never buy another gas vehicle again.