Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Issues with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess it’s best to preface this post by saying this isn’t meant to make anyone worry about their own car, but just to bring some awareness of potential issues with the car.

I should also say that it seems like Tesla will do everything they can to fix any issues with the car due to manufacturing. You don’t need to spend hours with a magnifying glass examining every aspect of the car. Take your car home, look it over and email your DS later and they’ll make try to make things right. That’s the impression that I got when I picked up my car earlier this week.

Everyone’s tolerance to issues and what is an issue is different. For a car that costs this much, some may expect more than others. Which makes sense.

With that said, my car was not perfect and there were issues. Both back doors have issues with the rubber seal. It looks like it’s supposed to be glued down under the window but it wasn’t. There was also another place where the rubber popped out, but I was able to push it in with my finger nail.

The bottom compartment of the trunk, the material is crinkled and not flat.

How these issues got past QA at Fremont, who knows. Maybe they should have noticed it at the delivery centre before I picked up too. But they’ve ordered the parts already and once they are in, will fix it up.

That’s good enough for me despite the inconvenience of having to drop off the car.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed issues with their cars.

No major issues with mine. I "may" have some hood sag, but would like to compare with other Model 3's to make sure.
I've actually had quite a few people who are experienced with German cars take a good look at it and failed to find any fit or finish issues and in fact seemed impressed at the build quality.
Only issue I've had is that LTE seems to drop out often (but seems to be a software issue).

No major issues with mine. I "may" have some hood sag, but would like to compare with other Model 3's to make sure.
I've actually had quite a few people who are experienced with German cars take a good look at it and failed to find any fit or finish issues and in fact seemed impressed at the build quality.
Only issue I've had is that LTE seems to drop out often (but seems to be a software issue).

Yes I think I have experienced the LTE issue twice so far. I haven’t tried but does resetting work?

Any issues with braking distance as noted by the recent Consumer Reports?

I think most people will end up using regenerative breaking a lot, at least in the non-snow months. I barely touch the brakes now except for the last few km/h.

How long did you get to inspect the car and how long was the overall delivery process?

I spent about 5 minutes examining it at Lawrence onto of the car explanation walk around done by the DS. Delivery process was about 45 min. Things might be different at the International Centre.

• Informative
Reactions: phtp
Deliveries at the International Centre are bound to be rushed, so it might be a good idea for everyone to communicate that "rushed" feeling to the DS so that if things are missed there (high probability), we would like Tesla Canada to give us priority for fixing overlooked issues. Considering the number of "mass" deliveries there, perhaps a new "hotline" should be setup by Tesla for this purpose? Beats a tweet storm directly to Elon!

Okay, so now that more people have received their cars, have you found any issues with it?

One additional thing I've noticed is that my charge port does not sit flush with the body. From what I've read online though, this is within spec...

Also found some grease smudges on the headliner but that came off with a bit of soap and water.

Still no word yet on parts to fix my car's initial issues..

When I picked up mine 2 months ago I did not have any issues besides the navigation being stuck in LA. Took a good 4 hours for it to correct itself. I had also asked them to fully charge the car as I had 200+ miles to get home which they did. So I was and still am very happy.

I'm getting a replacement windshield as there appears to be some scuff marks between the lamination of the glass... eta is 1 to 2 weeks for delivery of the part.

My Charge port door also doesn't sit flush.

There is a grease smudge on my passenger side visor.

Hood is not flush with the bumper and driver side fender.

Scratch in rear passenger side window. Only seen after tinting the windows and when the door is open.

I have a few small issues:

1) Charge port door sits proud a tiny bit. it is really not bad but I will try to get it fixed.
2) The top section of the drive selector stock keeps lifting up a bit. Almost like it isn't snapped down enough or glued down enough. I can press it back down to the proper amount but it slowly lifts back up. Probably only lifts about 2 or 3 mm, but enough for the driver to notice.
3) Lower storage compartment in truck is crinkled like a poster above me described.
4) I have lost LTE coverage two or three times in areas that I ought to have coverage. Rebooting did not help.

I have not reported any of these issues yet. Do I just call the service 1-877 number or do I call a service centre?