Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any of you who with recent deliveries (March 2021) have issues with the heater not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi duran505, my SR7's heater delivered on 3/11 works fine so far. I tested it last night. Sorry, I couldn't test it for 2 hours. It's 80 F degree here. My wife would think I am crazy or lock me in the car during the heater torture test. :) You can ask your SA to test your heater as part of the essential safety feature before delivery. Or ask to have access to your car via the Tesla app so you can test climate remotely yourself while the car is plugged in charging, etc. Best wishes.

• Funny
Reactions: duran505
Hi duran505, my SR7's heater delivered on 3/11 works fine so far. I tested it last night. Sorry, I couldn't test it for 2 hours. It's 80 F degree here. My wife would think I am crazy or lock me in the car during the heater torture test. :) You can ask your SA to test your heater as part of the essential safety feature before delivery. Or ask to have access to your car via the Tesla app so you can test climate remotely yourself while the car is plugged in charging, etc. Best wishes.

Haha! Thank you so much for testing and responding to me!! I will ask my SA to test! didn't think of that

Yep. I've had my '21 MYP for 4 weeks and 2 days now. The first two weeks went perfect. Then on the third week, first thing Monday morning, I was unable to preheat the car with the app - 'Failed to turn on climate' on the screen. Car had no heat in 30 degree weather. In the afternoon when it was warm, I also had no A/C. This lasted all week long. Side Note - Dog Mode was unavailable as well, even though I don't have a dog.:)

Now, this past Monday, I turned on the climate (through the app) and just like that, working again. Car was nice and toasty when I opened the door. A/C is working again too!

My Service Appt. is for 3/30, but I'll probably postpone if it continues to work well.

Yep. I've had my '21 MYP for 4 weeks and 2 days now. The first two weeks went perfect. Then on the third week, first thing Monday morning, I was unable to preheat the car with the app - 'Failed to turn on climate' on the screen. Car had no heat in 30 degree weather. In the afternoon when it was warm, I also had no A/C. This lasted all week long. Side Note - Dog Mode was unavailable as well, even though I don't have a dog.:)

Now, this past Monday, I turned on the climate (through the app) and just like that, working again. Car was nice and toasty when I opened the door. A/C is working again too!

My Service Appt. is for 3/30, but I'll probably postpone if it continues to work well.
Hope your climate control continues to function well! Thank you for responding

Hi everyone, 2021 Model 3 DM/LR picked up Feb / 2021

My heat stopped working last week. Brought in for service Monday morning 4/19/21 and they replaced the following sensors/pressure switches:
2 of these: PT SENSOR, HIGH PRESSURE(1581610-00-B)
1 of these: PT SENSOR, LOW PRESSURE(1581608-00-B)

They told me only one was bad but they replace all 3 because there was a bad batch from the factory for 2021 . Well that fixed it . 3 days later . Heat is dead again . Ugh !!!

I'll update with more info after my NEXT appointment

So far my heat has been working okay. However I do have the cold foot issue other people have complained about. Where the auto heat tries to start cooling and blows cold air on your feet. It's kind of annoying but turning it to feet only and cranking it seems to help.

Hi everyone, 2021 Model 3 DM/LR picked up Feb / 2021

My heat stopped working last week. Brought in for service Monday morning 4/19/21 and they replaced the following sensors/pressure switches:
2 of these: PT SENSOR, HIGH PRESSURE(1581610-00-B)
1 of these: PT SENSOR, LOW PRESSURE(1581608-00-B)

They told me only one was bad but they replace all 3 because there was a bad batch from the factory for 2021 . Well that fixed it . 3 days later . Heat is dead again . Ugh !!!

I'll update with more info after my NEXT appointment
My next appointment they replaced these parts:

Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
Supermanifold
Assembly(1547595-98-E)

Correction: A/C Compressor (Heat Pump) (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
AC COMPRESSOR,4 1CC(1501256-00-J)

and they scratched my fender !!!! >:-| So now I am awaiting my 3rd appointment to have them fix that !!!