Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any option for "stealth" performance, perhaps an "off menu" option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the big expenses of the MYP is the ubertainium wheels, big brakes, and stuff like that... I would LOVE a MYP with the standard 19" wheels and nobody knowing what they are dealing with until their doors are blown off. Also, those extra parts are EXPENSIVE extra parts that I am not willing to pay for in order to gain the upgraded rear motor.

If this is an "off menu" option I am going to be angry with myself for not asking before I ordered my MR LR.

Keith

One of the big expenses of the MYP is the ubertainium wheels, big brakes, and stuff like that... I would LOVE a MYP with the standard 19" wheels and nobody knowing what they are dealing with until their doors are blown off. Also, those extra parts are EXPENSIVE extra parts that I am not willing to pay for in order to gain the upgraded rear motor.

If this is an "off menu" option I am going to be angry with myself for not asking before I ordered my MR LR.

Keith
That is no longer an option. Also when they made the "stealth" it was the same exact price as the one with all the extra wheels, pedals, spoiler and whatnot.

I think the maintenance costs of the PUP is overrated while the efficiency is underrated. I have 30k miles on my PUP and the ONLY extra cost I have had thus far is rear tires. The front tires are still original Pirelli’s and they are still going strong at 30k. Also, my average wh/mi is 272..... Maybe I got a unicorn but I doubt it. I am so thankful I got the PUP. And my wife has a LR with inductions so I am familiar with that model as well.

I dont ever remember reading of a stealth model Y. There were stealth model 3s and when they first came out, it was a GREAT deal (the best vehicle deal tesla has offered in my opinion).

That was a while ago. When tesla brought the Stealth model 3 back, it was the exact same price (no discount) as with the performance package. I havent seen any of this for model Y, but there is no reason for tesla to offer it with a discount any longer, and they havent for more than a year (on model 3).

TL ; DR. Dont think it was ever available on model Y, and even if so, removing those parts did not provide any discount whatsoever, so there is no savings for not taking them even if it was available off menu.

I dont ever remember reading of a stealth model Y. There were stealth model 3s and when they first came out, it was a GREAT deal (the best vehicle deal tesla has offered in my opinion).

That was a while ago. When tesla brought the Stealth model 3 back, it was the exact same price (no discount) as with the performance package. I havent seen any of this for model Y, but there is no reason for tesla to offer it with a discount any longer, and they havent for more than a year (on model 3).

TL ; DR. Dont think it was ever available on model Y, and even if so, removing those parts did not provide any discount whatsoever, so there is no savings for not taking them even if it was available off menu.
Stealth was definitely available on the MY. I saw one in person at the Alpharetta, Georgia delivery center last year and there are posts on this forum with photos of stealth deliveries. I actually had the stealth option on my order back in June 2020 but I changed to PUP when it was announced that it was discontinued. I was worried that the configuration would not be honored but apparently it was....

Stealth was definitely available on the MY. I saw one in person at the Alpharetta, Georgia delivery center last year and there are posts on this forum with photos of stealth deliveries. I actually had the stealth option on my order back in June 2020 but I changed to PUP when it was announced that it was discontinued. I was worried that the configuration would not be honored but apparently it was....

I should have read this forum a bit more (model 3 forum is busy enough I dont normally read this one much). Was there a discount for the configuration offered then?

I should have read this forum a bit more (model 3 forum is busy enough I dont normally read this one much). Was there a discount for the configuration offered then?
I don’t think so. My price stayed the same when I changed from the stealth version to the PUP. However, I had the 20” induction wheels and not the gemini in my configuration. Possibly a little less with the gemini wheels but I don’t recall.....

That is no longer an option. Also when they made the "stealth" it was the same exact price as the one with all the extra wheels, pedals, spoiler and whatnot.

I read a thread about that, and how Tesla in it's infinite wisdom concluded after adding thousands of dollars in parts to a car for free (majority chose performance upgrade option) that this means nobody wants the car without those parts... give me a small but noticeable discount to not take the huge brakes and wheels and I am all over that option. If I was dead set on a MYP and they still had stealth as well as the performance upgrade as a free option, I probably would have taken the PUP myself... but what I really WANT is a MY LR with the performance rear motor, and the interface options that go along with the MYP.

Any other company would have made the regular performance at one price, and charge $5K more for the wheels / brakes / suspension changes, ala the 1980's Mustang 5.0 LX vs the Mustang GT. Same drive train, significantly lower price for the LX.

Keith

Last edited:
Reactions: HillClimb
I read a thread about that, and how Tesla in it's infinite wisdom concluded after adding thousands of dollars in parts to a car for free (majority chose performance upgrade option) that this means nobody wants the car without those parts... give me a small but noticeable discount to not take the huge brakes and wheels and I am all over that option. If I was dead set on a MYP and they still had stealth as well as the performance upgrade as a free option, I probably would have taken the PUP myself... but what I really WANT is a MY LR with the performance rear motor, and the interface options that go along with the MYP.

Any other company would have made the regular performance at one price, and charge $5K more for the wheels / brakes / suspension changes, ala the 1980's Mustang 5.0 LX vs the Mustang GT. Same drive train, significantly lower price for the LX.

Keith
You could just get a performance and sell the wheels to make back a decent bit. There are some good aftermarket wheels

Here's the wife's Stealth riding on 18's to soften the ride. A full up set of Geminis are just sitting around if anyone wants them. She drives it in Chill mode.
Stealth.jpg

Reactions: Jmeitz
This was definitely an option early on. I had a stealth configured with Induction rims all priced out and ready to order but I wanted to test drive a Model Y before I pulled the trigger. I went for the test drive later that week and by the time I went to order, they had done away with the option and forced everyone into the PUP with the wheels, brakes, and carbon spoiler. I really hate that they did that.

It most certainly WAS offered. Unlike the Model 3 where you just had to get lucky and find one, with the Model Y you could specifically configure it on the website. The configurator had you choose between LR-AWD or Performance and then the next choice was "Performance Upgrade Package" or no package. There was no price change in choosing the package with the brakes, wheels, spoiler etc.

If they offered the stealth now, I would have went with it over my MY LR. Make it a bit cheaper, don't include the Ubers and I think they'd sell a lot of them. While at it, add in the track mode from the M3P.