Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other 2019 MY reservation holders still waiting for delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe in that case you can just put another order in? Hopefully it will get filled sooner and you can cancel the 2019 order. This is assuming the theory of filling orders that bring in more profit sooner actually holds (and it does make sense).

I put a second order in on 6/30 (first VIN pulled 6/27 for west coast delivery)...slightly different configuration lol. I'm about out of options :(

Maybe but I have several factors working against me right now, the biggest being I might not even get a Y because they won't take a power of attorney. My husband deploys in 34 days for 6+ months. No husband, no loan, no car. Crazy, I've bought and sold 3 houses with a power of attorney but Tesla won't take one. So yeah, I might have saved some money but honestly I've been so stressed out about it, I would have paid more to not deal with this.
Have you considered a loan from a credit union or other source.? They are very likely to take a power of attorney. The car could be titled in your name but your husband could join you on the loan if you need it for credit. Many local Bar Associations have attorneys who provide free legal assistance to persons in the service facing these kind of deployment issues. Your situation is far from unique.

Have you considered a loan from a credit union or other source.? They are very likely to take a power of attorney. The car could be titled in your name but your husband could join you on the loan if you need it for credit. Many local Bar Associations have attorneys who provide free legal assistance to persons in the service facing these kind of deployment issues. Your situation is far from unique.

We are going through Navy Federal, he's the signor...I'm the co-signor. For years we have used each other's credit and VA eligibility (I was in the Navy too before we got married , then the Navy deemed duty stations 250 miles apart as "close enough") to build a rental property portfolio. It's never been problematic until now. This is a Tesla issue. Tesla is the one that refuses to take the power of attorney. I've taken it up the chain with them as far as I can go. Nothing....and of course this morning still no VIN on either order.

We are going through Navy Federal, he's the signor...I'm the co-signor. For years we have used each other's credit and VA eligibility (I was in the Navy too before we got married , then the Navy deemed duty stations 250 miles apart as "close enough") to build a rental property portfolio. It's never been problematic until now. This is a Tesla issue. Tesla is the one that refuses to take the power of attorney. I've taken it up the chain with them as far as I can go. Nothing....and of course this morning still no VIN on either order.
Why would Tesla need your husband's signature? If you are not using Tesla financing, why not title and register in your name so only you need to sign the MVPA. Actually, your state controls the signature process for the title and registration documents. You can title in one name and finance in both. You can transfer to both names any time! Am I missing something?

Maybe but I have several factors working against me right now, the biggest being I might not even get a Y because they won't take a power of attorney. My husband deploys in 34 days for 6+ months. No husband, no loan, no car. Crazy, I've bought and sold 3 houses with a power of attorney but Tesla won't take one. So yeah, I might have saved some money but honestly I've been so stressed out about it, I would have paid more to not deal with this.
That does make it challenging for sure. Hopefully there is another way.

Sounds like my story....My buddy used my referral code to on June 15 (Monday) and picked up his MY on June 20 (Saturday). How does one who offers a referral on an item they don't physically have, still find themselves waiting while the recipient of the referral receives the referenced item o_O?

I'm certain Tesla screwed the reservation holders to make the most profit from the options that have since gone up in price since last year.

I'm patient though. Focusing on ordering my accessories and setting up PPF and ceramic options with the money I'm saving while I wait.

I can see why some are frustrated...LOL to the above quoted story...

I pre-ordered day 1...still waiting but I've saved leaps since waiting with FSD and the base price of the vehicle going up. In Canada the price you pay for a Y now, you almost might as well get an X. But since pre-ordering I've saved almost $6500 on the cost of the car ($2,700 on FSD alone!). Am I still waiting? Sure, but then you get an e-mail from your advisor saying that your car appears to be possibly on the way for a July 23rd arrival and you forget all the annoyances, and gain all the savings. Which means I can afford some PPF/ceramic coating now, and have a vehicle with some of the kinks ironed out.

No VIN on my account yet, so I'm totally expecting an e-mail saying it will be delayed, but that just means more savings and less to pay off =D. I've also been able to save more money by waiting for sales for the accessories I've been wanting to purchase and saved even more!

Have some faith! :p...Don't despair! Based on the reviews online I really do think this vehicle is worth the wait.

• Love
Reactions: InnovativeLady
Why would Tesla need your husband's signature? If you are not using Tesla financing, why not title and register in your name so only you need to sign the MVPA. Actually, your state controls the signature process for the title and registration documents. You can title in one name and finance in both. You can transfer to both names any time! Am I missing something?

From what I'm told (again this is from Tesla so who knows), both people on the loan must be on the registration and at delivery

If I order a second one, can it be on my same account or do I need to create a new account?

I'd be paying $990 more plus the $100 order fee, but I'm just paying month-to-month on my lease at the moment so setting $600 a month on fire anyway for a car I am barely driving.

If I order a second one, can it be on my same account or do I need to create a new account?

I'd be paying $990 more plus the $100 order fee, but I'm just paying month-to-month on my lease at the moment so setting $600 a month on fire anyway for a car I am barely driving.
I'd be checking your account balance on that lease, A client of mine extended lease $550/mo and turns out he was getting dinged for an extra $240/mo in accelerated depreciation for the last 4 months while waiting on an ordered car. We were able to write that down thank goodness but I certainly urge you to check this!

NFCU here on both our Teslæ and in both instances I am primary borrower with Mrs as co-app. Check was disbursed in just solely my name with Tesla added. All went through fine.

NFCU here on both our Teslæ and in both instances I am primary borrower with Mrs as co-app. Check was disbursed in just solely my name with Tesla added. All went through fine.

My husband is the primary :( I got approved on my own but it's higher rate and I would have to put more money down. I assume this is because I just took a hit to my credit by purchasing two rental properties (two new mortgages) in the last 6 months.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Just did my ritual check for the VIN and it's there! VIN 273xx white/white/AWD/LR/19/no FSD. Still only existing documents
Lemon Law Disclosure and Order Agreement, finance thru Tesla.

We received MVPA today via email. It was a surprise to see! It came after I asked rep about documents needed for financing, and he said he would send them over via email, so we could submit to the bank. So a little prodding required.