Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other reservation in Houston area get this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ℬête Noire

Jan 30, 2018
TX
Just received an email, the text down below seems to suggest it's targeting reservation holders for a non-driving demo. Making an appointment now....wait, no. The appointments are for "Energy Products", yeah Solar City are stuck up city slickers that refuse to come out to my zip code. :p So it's just a walk-in.

Attachments

• IMG_3993.jpg
    IMG_3993.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 157
No doubt Chuckie. By the time I had left there was already a line building to about 10 people. They have brought in some employees from Austin to help through the weekend because of the traffic they expect.

P.S. It looked good though seeing those 19' wheels in person convinced me not to order them when my invite comes in. I found them underwhelming for a $1500 touch.

Just walk in; no reservation needed. About a 30 minute line this afternoon, but expect a longer wait this weekend.

The midnight silver car looked really good in person. I am starting to waver with my decision on multi-coat red. The good news is the wife is now happy with the model 3 after sitting in it. We thought that it would be a step down in size from our old MB E500, but the interior space feels about the same despite being a much smaller car. Still hoping for white interior AWD when our turn comes up, but we'll take what ever is available at the time.

Curious why we haven't had many deliveries in Houston. The sales reps didn't know or couldn't say.

Thanks for all the reports on the Model 3 floor model. Midnight Silver is what I plan to configure, so I can’t wait to get down to see it.

I can’t make it down there until Thursday next week, but hopefully can get more time with the car than the mob this weekend.

A local tint shop told me on the phone that there are 8 Model 3s in Houston, some employees but at least one was not. The non-owner could have a family member or friend that was an employee though.

• Informative
Reactions: chojn1
I don't know where they are now but at the start you had time to snap a couple photos if you could tune out the canned spiel being talked at you. Inside vehicle time was relatively limited, timed (they had someone tapping on the roof to let the talking head know it was time up).

Boston got a Model 3 in the showroom for only 2 weeks. Same thing; reservation holders got an email inviting them to visit. Weekends had lines out the store. Weekdays no line at all and unlimited time with the car. But no test drive.

I saw the 19"s up close and didn't like them. Looked a bit plasticky to me.

Boston got a Model 3 in the showroom for only 2 weeks. Same thing; reservation holders got an email inviting them to visit. Weekends had lines out the store. Weekdays no line at all and unlimited time with the car. But no test drive.

The person running the floor, not just a scrub, claimed this was their permanent floor model. *shrug* It's possible they are now getting enough volume that they felt they could do that.

I saw the 19"s up close and didn't like them. Looked a bit plasticky to me.

I was unimpressed with them in person, too. Will order Aeros and see about replacements, or if the "pop them off around town" option is ok.