Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any owner or pro reviews of the refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So odd when I look around here and on the internet/youtube in general - almost impossible to find any impressions/reviews from owners of the refresh. Yes, there is maybe on or two impressions from detailers/modders but those aren't that interesting to me as they mostly just re-list the features.

As someone patiently waiting it would be nice hear from those who have one! Am I just not looking in the right places?

Yeah I've seen that one but it is what I mean by just a rehash of features from a detailer/modder. I am looking for impressions, comparisons to pre-refresh, experiences on the road, etc from real owners or professional reviewers who are willing to talk about driving, etc.

I mean, there are a bunch of refresh X out there....and we don't even have feedback here except for an "issues" thread. So bizarre.

Reactions: scottf200
Yeah I've seen that one but it is what I mean by just a rehash of features from a detailer/modder. I am looking for impressions, comparisons to pre-refresh, experiences on the road, etc from real owners or professional reviewers who are willing to talk about driving, etc.

I mean, there are a bunch of refresh X out there....and we don't even have feedback here except for an "issues" thread. So bizarre.

Actually I wouldn't say there are a "bunch". If you go look over on the "waiting room" thread, you'll see there are not a lot of people, at least here on TMC, who have been fortunate enough to take delivery. Those who have, have posted a few things here and there. You have to sort through the thread to find them though.

Bruce.

EDIT: I wouldn't knock the OCDetailing videos, and I'd dispute the characterization of those as "just a rehash of features".

Actually I wouldn't say there are a "bunch". If you go look over on the "waiting room" thread, you'll see there are not a lot of people, at least here on TMC, who have been fortunate enough to take delivery. Those who have, have posted a few things here and there. You have to sort through the thread to find them though.

Bruce.

EDIT: I wouldn't knock the OCDetailing videos, and I'd dispute the characterization of those as "just a rehash of features".
Not meaning to knock OCD at all but looking for more than review of a stationary car with a focus on the interior when much of that is shared with the Model S refresh (tons of videos of that). At this point in the model S refresh cycle (early but a significant number of people with deliveries) there were tons of youtubes and reviews here. Understandably, the S is more of an enthusiasts car (especially the Plaid) but the absolute silence from owners on the refresh X is perplexing. So much so that I'm wondering if I'm just not looking in the right places (and it isn't like I'm brand new to the interwebs).

Not meaning to knock OCD at all but looking for more than review of a stationary car with a focus on the interior when much of that is shared with the Model S refresh (tons of videos of that). At this point in the model S refresh cycle (early but a significant number of people with deliveries) there were tons of youtubes and reviews here. Understandably, the S is more of an enthusiasts car (especially the Plaid) but the absolute silence from owners on the refresh X is perplexing. So much so that I'm wondering if I'm just not looking in the right places (and it isn't like I'm brand new to the interwebs).

Wait until @MorrisonHiker gets theirs.

I'm just waiting for the (inevitable) kinks to be ID'd and hopefully addressed. I am still waiting to see if the suspension issues with the CV joint are addressed, especially with the way more powerful plaid motors (670HP!).

Check out the issues thread if you want to keep apprised from new owners:

Wait until @MorrisonHiker gets theirs.

I'm just waiting for the (inevitable) kinks to be ID'd and hopefully addressed. I am still waiting to see if the suspension issues with the CV joint are addressed, especially with the way more powerful plaid motors (670HP!).

Check out the issues thread if you want to keep apprised from new owners:

The delivery date for our non-Plaid 12/2020 order was changed from August to January and then February. There's always a chance we might get it before then. We're crossing our fingers but not holding out breath. ;) A friend has a similar build and we're planning on taking delivery for him if he's not able to make the delivery appointment. I'm sure we'll make a video with whichever X arrives first!

Reactions: jboy210 and croman
The delivery date for our non-Plaid 12/2020 order was changed from August to January and then February. There's always a chance we might get it before then. We're crossing our fingers but not holding out breath. ;) A friend has a similar build and we're planning on taking delivery for him if he's not able to make the delivery appointment. I'm sure we'll make a video with whichever X arrives first!
I'm scheduled for April but certainly not holding my breath lol. I just want to see reviews (anywhere!), comparisons and subjective experiences from owners dammit!

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I received mine Dec. 23. I own a 2020 MYP and the Model X is more than I expected. I had never ridden or driven one till I received mine. Im not disappointed at all. The Yoke is taking a little while to get used to. My hand keeps slipping off when making a turn and going in reverse. The fit and finish is better than MYP when it was delivered. The weather has been pretty bad where I live so haven't been able to give it a thorough inspection yet. I did notice a small scuff on one of the wheels and some carpet was pulled out by the driver side footwell. Going to try to post a video on YouTube next week and try to do a comparison between both vehicles.

Reactions: Beatjammer