Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any photos of MYP with 19x8.5 on 255/45R19 and opinions on ride dynamics?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for winter wheel/tire options, and one thing I'm considering is the 255/45R19 on a narrower 8.5 wheel to protect the wheels from road rash. I've heard some shops say they prefer not to do this because in their opinion it's fugly. Anyone have photos so I can see for myself?

Also, anyone on this kit, what are your opinions about ride dynamics? I'll be coming from the a 21" summers, so I have no doubt the car won't be as nimble in turns, which is probably fine for winter, but I'm sure it'll be softer, and ostensibly pothole survivability would be increased. Any other opinions or considerations?

Something else I'm thinking is these are winter wheels, so replicas, and who cares if they get dinged up. They can be fixed. Does that logic make up for any sacrifices in ride dynamics or aesthetics? I suppose it depends on how much it costs to fix a curbed wheel?

I'm running a 255/45/19 on an 8.5" wheel, I would say all of your assumptions are correct. There is a little more wheel protection, though not as much as I thought there might be when I was putting the set together. The ride is more compliant and I'm assuming should be much better at surviving pot holes. I haven't really thrown the car into any corners, because these are snow tires and I'm trying not to shred them. All in all it rides well and should work just fine for a winter combination. I will be happy when spring rolls around and I can put the 21's back on though.