Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Santua's M3P Build Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well Santua's car is STUPID low (oh how I wish I could be that low)...lol....I have a little less than 2 finger gap so I'm going to go as aggressive as possible (looks wise) and figure out what I can do with the sides of the car, because I only have 9mm clearance with the speed bumps here on the sides of the car..almost 2 inches with the front and rear...and that's hitting the speed bump straight on without turning the wheel
If you have speed bumps or steep driveways, I honestly would not go too low, it just becomes a hassle. I find myself clinching my cheeks way to often in anticipation of possible destruction of the underneath of my car...lmao

Maybe yall have seen my post in another thread already, but basically, my car's paint decided to start chipping on the rocker panels...both sides... So no polishing this weekend, and therefore no more pictures until it gets fixed. I cannot begin explaining how bummed out I am rn... I will be taking the car to the service center this Wednesday and hope that they do right and pass it under warranty. I will update this thread once I talk to them.

On top of that, the new spoiler finally arrived... cracked lol. I took it to my body shop guy and we shall see if they are able to fix it, worst-case scenario they will sand it down, coat it, and I'll either paint part of it black to match the car's paint, or wrap it.
IMG_9022.jpg

well then I guess side skirts it is...just gunna have to find some that don't "lower" the side
You know, I actually had not given side skirts a thought. Probably Novice side skirts would be best, given that they just seem to stick right to the OEM rockers. But then I would have to wrap them, because I don't want to put more carbon on the car loll.

Though I am going to go to my body shop today probably and check what they can do and how much $ it will cost, my guess: probably not cheap at all.

probably not...I mean wrapping just the bottom may be an option too...anything to hide the paint...mine is not chipping yet, but if it does I may just do a small wrap with side skirts over it...I'm not going to paint it...
Thing is, I love the look of a well maintained paint on the car, and while I will probably keep the car for longer than the M2, I will eventually sell it, so it will have to be covered somehow eventually.

Also, if it already started chipping, I cannot imagine what it could be at 20, 30, 40, 50k miles. However, it does seem to be mostly a rocker panel problem from what I have seen. Paint in this area seems to be quite thin and probably incorrectly applied.

Thing is, I love the look of a well maintained paint on the car, and while I will probably keep the car for longer than the M2, I will eventually sell it, so it will have to be covered somehow eventually.

Also, if it already started chipping, I cannot imagine what it could be at 20, 30, 40, 50k miles. However, it does seem to be mostly a rocker panel problem from what I have seen. Paint in this area seems to be quite thin and probably incorrectly applied.
Well if you will sell it eventually...like most of us will.....may be you SHOULD just bandaid it right now until you are ready to sell...what if it happens again...which is why if it starts for me I will do like I said....and THEN get a paint job if I sell.... NAHHH MEAN!!!!??.... lol

The way your car beads it looks like you have a coating on there! Still going for a PC and ceramic coat after you get your side skirt ironed out?
I did apply a carnauba based wax (Collimate 845) and topped it off with a polymer sealant (Jescar Power Lock Plus) when I first got the car, so there is probably still some wax left from that application.

But yes, once the side skirts are sorted, I will be polishing and ceramic coating. I am going to be using a Griots G9 with 6" and 5" pads and their correcting and finishing polishes, nothing fancy. For ceramic coating, I am doing Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light and probably but not sure, Exo v4 as a topper.

I did apply a carnauba based wax (Collimate 845) and topped it off with a polymer sealant (Jescar Power Lock Plus) when I first got the car, so there is probably still some wax left from that application.

But yes, once the side skirts are sorted, I will be polishing and ceramic coating. I am going to be using a Griots G9 with 6" and 5" pads and their correcting and finishing polishes, nothing fancy. For ceramic coating, I am doing Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light and probably but not sure, Exo v4 as a topper.
You’ll like CSL; topper definitely needed.

I had my macan with CSL but it degraded a noticeable amount after 9-10 months. I topped with C2v3 and got back a decent amount of hydrophobic performance and less water spotting. Sold the car a week after C2v3 so no comment of longevity there.

Goodluck with the PC - a beast of a day doing it!

You’ll like CSL; topper definitely needed.

I had my macan with CSL but it degraded a noticeable amount after 9-10 months. I topped with C2v3 and got back a decent amount of hydrophobic performance and less water spotting. Sold the car a week after C2v3 so no comment of longevity there.

Goodluck with the PC - a beast of a day doing it!
Thank you for the tips. Yeah, it is definitely going to be an eventful weekend, but should be very much worth it. I like to DIY so it should be fun too.

What new spoiler are you putting on? And did you remove the mirrors?

Do you just prefer the stockish look? I liked the front lip but also like the stock front too
Can work either being that low!
I am putting a spoiler that is very very similar (Alibaba version) to the one from artisan spirits, and yes, I did remove the mirror caps.

It's funny, almost like I had to do all those modifications to appreciate the stock look 😅🤡. So yes, I do prefer the stockish look, but I think that it works so well because of how low it is.

I am putting a spoiler that is very very similar (Alibaba version) to the one from artisan spirits, and yes, I did remove the mirror caps.

It's funny, almost like I had to do all those modifications to appreciate the stock look 😅🤡. So yes, I do prefer the stockish look, but I think that it works so well because of how low it is.
Do you mind sharing the link for the spoiler?

Hahaha doing the hard work first. The lines can be appreciated when the fitment is right. What offset are the wheels?