Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any recommendations for reliable air inflator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the cordless, but I'd like to see one that also has a 12V(/16V) bypass option. I'm pretty sure the day I'll get a flat, the battery of my inflator will have mysteriously gone flat too, and instead of having to wait a couple hours for it to recharge on the side of the road, having the option to get it working instantly if connected to the car 12V could help...
very valid point. the ring cordless inflators (well atleast the rtc 4000) has the option to plugin via the 12v socket and pump if the battery on the inflator has gone flat.

• Informative
Reactions: WllXM
I like the cordless, but I'd like to see one that also has a 12V(/16V) bypass option. I'm pretty sure the day I'll get a flat, the battery of my inflator will have mysteriously gone flat too, and instead of having to wait a couple hours for it to recharge on the side of the road, having the option to get it working instantly if connected to the car 12V could help...

The Dewalt one has a bypass :)

• Informative
Reactions: WllXM

The previously mentioned DeWalt comes with an additional '12v' cable. Not tried it so don't know if it needs the (not supplied) battery to be in place or can be used bare from aux as supplied without needing an attached battery. Also has the advantage that its a standard remover able DeWalt battery so can be quickly swapped just like a cordless tool etc. The standard batteries recharge from mains adaptor pretty quick too.

Reactions: RajG