Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any recommendations on shops to removal old CA decal stickers on Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Anyone have any recommendations on local shops in the LA/OC area for removal of CA HOV stickers from Model S? I have watch the youtube videos and have purchases all the supplies, I am nervous about scratching the paint while doing the process.

Additionally, I qualified for the Red Decals and DMV sent to another address that was never delivered along with my plates. I tried to go through DMV and resubmitted application last year, but I was denied because they stated they were already sent and unable to provide me new decals. Anyone else run into the same issue? Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thank you in advance!!

Jenna

I can’t speak to CA decals specially, but I’ve had excellent success removing various decals and model letters with Goo Gone and dental floss.

I use a q-tip with Goo Gone around the edges. Let it soak a few minutes and find a weak point. Use the dental floss to get under it and lift it a little, then repeat with the q-tip applying to peeling edge until you can use your fingers. Sometimes some gentle warming with a hair dryer or heat gun is necessary. (Don’t cook your paint or melt the sticker, just heat it to hot tap water equivalent to release the glue.) If there’s any residue, use the Goo Gone with a soft cloth. When done, throughly rinse and car shampoo the area. All 100% paint safe.