Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 HOV Sticker Tracker (Blue HOV)

808BOB

Dec 3, 2020
West
I didn't know that, they need to be renewed every 5 years? do they need to be removed/replaced or just renewed?
It’s one and done.
Once a car gets its sticker, then it is not renewable. Also, it is only 4 years.

If you get a blue (2021) sticker this year, it expires on 1/1/2025. The blue sticker (unless they extend) expires prior to the Sept. 30, 2025 end of single person carpool lane occupancy.

El joe

Jan 29, 2019
Bay Area, CA
Just to update, I got my stickers today.

Mailed on 12/29, cashed check 3/10.

sorry to cross post, but since people are asking...
This is the first I’ve heard of anyone getting their stickers. Congrats! And it’s nice to see there’s light at the end of the HOV lane tunnel.

tfan2018

Apr 14, 2018
USA
does this mean that no can "single occupy" the HOV lane even with stickers after that date?

more and more HOV lanes in my area have been converted to express lanes. single drivers can still drive the lane but a toll will need to be paid. those with the carpool stickers receive 50% off the tolls.

Reactions: El joe

El joe

Jan 29, 2019
Bay Area, CA
more and more HOV lanes in my area have been converted to express lanes. single drivers can still drive the lane but a toll will need to be paid. those with the carpool stickers receive 50% off the tolls.
Interesting, didn't realize that. I probably would've just driven in them without paying. Thanks for the head's up!

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
I submitted my Jan 1st and heard nothing until yesterday April 2nd. They said they already it to me on March 25th. Which never arrived. They returned my form and check along with that letter and said if I haven’t received it to return it back to them and state as such. Which I did today. Well seen what happens. Not sure what the problem is.

808BOB

Dec 3, 2020
West
Not sure what the problem is.
State workers.
outdated computers/ using mainframes still?/ crappy network connections
Pandemic
state workers… that aren’t the brightest.
The state of CA is pretty bad. I love living here, don’t get me wrong!!! But, we’re all screwed. 😂
I’m waiting for the next big quake… we’ll see if CA breaks away from the rest of the US? Maybe we‘ll turn into the next Hawaiian Islands. 🤪

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
They said they mailed new be 25th of last month and yet I’ve received nothing. Was told to wait 30 days before reporting none arrival.

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
Update: Got my stickers.

I thought CA wanted 3 stickers on the rear before? Instructions say two small on front and two large on back on the blue
As I remember that’s how it was in 2019 and 2020. Seems like no change for 2021. Could be wrong.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC