Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any second thoughts???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will reiterate what has been said already. There are 0 regrets on my end. I have been completely enamored with the car since I took delivery Jan 2013. I am a true car guy and normally go through cars pretty quickly. Some other car would always pique my interest and I would move on to the next cool thing. The Model S continues to entertain me fully and I can't even consider driving anything else.

Aside from the great driving dynamics, the cool tech, the quiet ride, the lack of gas, and other inherent benefits of driving the Model S there is also the "WOW factor". Everywhere I go there is always someone giving a thumbs up, or is interested in the car, or wants a quick spin in it...LITERALLY everywhere. This is not contrained by age or demographic. I have been approached by kids on bicycles, young professionals, older folks, men, women, black, white, etc. doesn't matter. A lot of people just truely love and/or are interested the car.

Initially, most people had no idea what a Tesla is or that it was fully electric they just thought it was a gorgeous vehicle.

I'll be the lone person with a regret. I have a huge regret after buying our Model S. My regret is that I didn't take the $40k that I plunked down for a Model X Signature reservation in June of 2012 and put it into TSLA stock instead. Right now that $40k would be worth $263,618.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Yeah. That's more of a regret about the stock than the car. Could have done both. Bought the car and taken a $40,000 loan and invested that and still been over $100k profit and a free car. Oh well. Would have been nice to know the stock was going to go that nuts. I agree.

How come with all of these posts and all of the media coverage and all of forums available I see basically NO negatives of substance. I must agree with the "WOW factor!" That sold me the car. Elon Musk is an absolute genius with incredible forward vision and a man that has put his own money behind his actions. He has replaced Clint Eastwood as the most famous person I would love to have dinner with. Perhaps Time Mag's Person of the year??? 60 Minutes certainly paid tribute which was wholeheartedly deserved. One of the most highly watched episodes for many years... Thanks for giving me comfort at night as I await delivery.