Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally, my days of suffering are over. Barring some last minute disaster at the SC, I will be taking delivery of my SigX tomorrow. I must say that I appreciated reading the experiences of others and it helped me cope while I waited for mine. There was definitely a little bit of "misery loves company" where knowing that I wasn't the only Sig to be far behind on delivery made me feel a little better.

So from start to finish..

Oct 10 - confirmed reservation
Jan 4 - "body in white"
Jan 12 - begun production
Jan 14 - finished, general assembly, moving to final production (QA)
Mar 6 - finished all production, awaiting transport to SC
Mar 9 - arrives at SC
Mar 11 - delivery

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread and I hope the day comes quickly where every Sig is happily driving their car!
Congrats neighbor! Looking forward to seeing you out on the road. Have yet to see one while out driving but have seen them plenty in person (met the first WA delivery, Kittylitter, when he showed it off just after new years) and even got our test drive 2 weeks ago.

There were quite a few on the back lot of the SoDo SC during the Meet the X event that we saw when the DES took us for a tour of checking out colors in the open. Too bad they weren't all shiny and clean. Then again, we got a better take of what they would look like in real world use (aka filthy). Ha! ;-)

Cheers!

The missing Model X report and milk carton photos finally resulted in the car being located.

The Model X vehicle search team has been in contact and notified us that the car has been located and will be delivered to our long suffering hands on 3/15.

We thank all those who have offered their kind words and thoughts during this long waiting period. Flowers and well wishes can be sent to the Scottsdale Service Center.

Who is left that is still waiting for a delayed Sig X delivery ? Can this thread finally close out ?

Still waiting. No good updates from our DS besides this from the website.
09b3c687cd6c5de6308efa5e33cb246b.jpg

Who is left that is still waiting for a delayed Sig X delivery ? Can this thread finally close out ?

Don't close out the thread yet. We have still heard nothing regarding delivery of our Signature X. We're pretty sure it is now at the service center in Santa Barbara, but we have not heard a single word from our DS. It is this total lack of communication that is the most disappointing. Our DS has never once reached out to us, and his responses to my monthly email inquiries are just canned responses with no info. I sent another email this last Friday, but of course he is out of the office again.

I have to say, this whole Signature experience has really burned us out on Tesla. It is just no way to treat the people that really believe in your company. Just a single email would go a long way.

We are still hoping for a delivery in March, but who knows.

Ron
SigX VIN #484 (still waiting)
Sig red, 7 seat black interior, 20" wheels, tow package, cold weather package, confirmed order on Sept 29th, 2015

Don't close out the thread yet. We have still heard nothing regarding delivery of our Signature X. We're pretty sure it is now at the service center in Santa Barbara, but we have not heard a single word from our DS. It is this total lack of communication that is the most disappointing. Our DS has never once reached out to us, and his responses to my monthly email inquiries are just canned responses with no info. I sent another email this last Friday, but of course he is out of the office again.

I have to say, this whole Signature experience has really burned us out on Tesla. It is just no way to treat the people that really believe in your company. Just a single email would go a long way.

We are still hoping for a delivery in March, but who knows.

Ron
SigX VIN #484 (still waiting)
Sig red, 7 seat black interior, 20" wheels, tow package, cold weather package, confirmed order on Sept 29th, 2015
My guess is they held back signatures too so that the improvements made in Jan-Feb can be made to your car. That means less visits to SC. I wont claim to understand your grief but Tesla can't give out these kind of info. Even if they communicated that Sigs will be delivered before March, it would have caused huge criticism. I am positive you will get your car before March end.

My guess is they held back signatures too so that the improvements made in Jan-Feb can be made to your car. That means less visits to SC. I wont claim to understand your grief but Tesla can't give out these kind of info. Even if they communicated that Sigs will be delivered before March, it would have caused huge criticism. I am positive you will get your car before March end.

ankitmishra, I'm sure you are correct about improvements being made. I just find it disheartening that these defective Signatures seem to have gone to the end of the line, with the production models flying out the doors. Some of the only communication which we received from our DS was back in 2015, when they stated it was their intent to have all of the Signatures delivered by year's end. There has been communication silence since then. I appreciate the sentiment of being positive that we will receive it by the end of March, but we also said the same thing about the end of December, then the end of January, then the end of February. At this point we just feel extrememely burned by the whole Signature process, which is a shame, given how much we believe in what the company is doing for the future of our kids.

Ron
SigX VIN #484 (still waiting, though order confirmed Sept 29, 2015)

ankitmishra, I'm sure you are correct about improvements being made. I just find it disheartening that these defective Signatures seem to have gone to the end of the line, with the production models flying out the doors. Some of the only communication which we received from our DS was back in 2015, when they stated it was their intent to have all of the Signatures delivered by year's end. There has been communication silence since then. I appreciate the sentiment of being positive that we will receive it by the end of March, but we also said the same thing about the end of December, then the end of January, then the end of February. At this point we just feel extrememely burned by the whole Signature process, which is a shame, given how much we believe in what the company is doing for the future of our kids.

Ron
SigX VIN #484 (still waiting, though order confirmed Sept 29, 2015)
I wouldn't call these cars defective. Tesla was clearly having problems in last quater but were forced to deliver few cars for the sake of formality. These same problems might have existed in your car. Tesla used Jan- Feb to make improvements. And once again they have started deliveries again. Tesla's pattern is quite clear if we pay attention. All Sigs & beginning of production cars in this quater. People will complain about pending P90D's in April-May when Tesla will slow down again for further improvements. Signatures haven't gone to end of line, they have released all cars simultaneously IMHO. They are being delivered according to logistics.