Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't call these cars defective. Tesla was clearly having problems in last quater but were forced to deliver few cars for the sake of formality. These same problems might have existed in your car. Tesla used Jan- Feb to make improvements. And once again they have started deliveries again. Tesla's pattern is quite clear if we pay attention. All Sigs & beginning of production cars in this quater. People will complain about pending P90D's in April-May when Tesla will slow down again for further improvements. Signatures haven't gone to end of line, they have released all cars simultaneously IMHO. They are being delivered according to logistics.

You sound like you are stating facts like an insider with knowledge of everything going on at Tesla. I will start taking you more seriously going forward.

ankitmishra, I'm sure you are correct about improvements being made. I just find it disheartening that these defective Signatures seem to have gone to the end of the line, with the production models flying out the doors. Some of the only communication which we received from our DS was back in 2015, when they stated it was their intent to have all of the Signatures delivered by year's end. There has been communication silence since then. I appreciate the sentiment of being positive that we will receive it by the end of March, but we also said the same thing about the end of December, then the end of January, then the end of February. At this point we just feel extrememely burned by the whole Signature process, which is a shame, given how much we believe in what the company is doing for the future of our kids.

Ron
SigX VIN #484 (still waiting, though order confirmed Sept 29, 2015)

Sorry to hear this. I am a bit surprised Sig orders are still pending delivery. I don't get why Tesla took 40K several years in advance for making you guys wait longer than some production models. This is so bad Tesla!

You sound like you are stating facts like an insider with knowledge of everything going on at Tesla. I will start taking you more seriously going forward.
lol. No. I used to write "my opinion" in all of my posts. But, I noticed it didn't made any effect as some people reacted even after writing that. It is my guess, I have no insider knowledge. However, I have been saying that rush of deliveries will begin in March end for quite sometime now. Some people got angry at me at TM forums due to this.

He is most definitely not an insider. It's pure speculation/opinion with no substantiation or proof for anything he writes. He doesn't even own a Tesla, so you can take what he writes with a grain of salt (and be as confused as the rest of us why he's so prolific on a forum for which he has no connection).

Back on topic. Two Tesla Model X twins, sadly separated at birth, have been reunited and there is one less Sig still waiting.

Posting photos is now a screwed up mess so no photos.

@Roamer, quick question regarding the tint you installed on the panoramic windshield. I haven't taken delivery yet but I asked my local tint shop, they said they have seen the Model X but they are unable to tint the panoramic windshield due to complicity. I would definitely like to know what kind of tint you installed and the cost, obviously I can't get my tinting done at the same place as I am in SoCal but any additional information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sig #875 was delivered today....

IMG_3692 (1).jpg

He is most definitely not an insider. It's pure speculation/opinion with no substantiation or proof for anything he writes. He doesn't even own a Tesla, so you can take what he writes with a grain of salt (and be as confused as the rest of us why he's so prolific on a forum for which he has no connection).
I think ankit is same person that worked at Goldman and at now JPM, and will make killing on next capital raise fwiw

@Roamer, quick question regarding the tint you installed on the panoramic windshield. I haven't taken delivery yet but I asked my local tint shop, they said they have seen the Model X but they are unable to tint the panoramic windshield due to complicity. I would definitely like to know what kind of tint you installed and the cost, obviously I can't get my tinting done at the same place as I am in SoCal but any additional information would be appreciated.

Thanks
These are the people that tinted our Model X. They created a pattern at the Scottsdale store. They can share the pattern with the Irvine store.

CONTACT | Protective Film Solutions

You may want to trim it to the visor up line. We trimmed it to the top of the visor when folded down. My wife likes how it came out but she sits a little lower in the car so the trim line may be a little lower than a tall person would like.

You can see where the line is in some of the video shots from this online review. You can also see a clear shadow line on the two hosts while they are talking and driving. That's the difference the extra tint makes.

The tint is not visable from the outside so it has no effect on how the car looks.

These are the people that tinted our Model X. They created a pattern at the Scottsdale store. They can share the pattern with the Irvine store.

CONTACT | Protective Film Solutions

You may want to trim it to the visor up line. We trimmed it to the top of the visor when folded down. My wife likes how it came out but she sits a little lower in the car so the trim line may be a little lower than a tall person would like.

You can see where the line is in some of the video shots from this online review. You can also see a clear shadow line on the two hosts while they are talking and driving. That's the difference the extra tint makes.

The tint is not visable from the outside so it has no effect on how the car looks.

Thanks, just sent them an email. Did you get any of the side windows or skylight on the FWD tinted as well? How much did they charge for the job if you don't mind?

Congratulations!
How far did it travel on that carrier? How was the finish?

It came about 50 miles. Some birds seemed to use the Sig Red as a preferred target, but other than that, no apparent damage noticed. There are some fit & finish issues I'll be documenting - same as a lot of folks. But nothing horrific. It was great having it delivered and having them just put the trade-in on the truck and drive away. Super-easy. I personally didn't need the big bow on the car hand-clapping experience at the SC.

Are we the last September-configured Sig or are there still more after us that haven't finished?

cantdecide, we confirmed our SigX order on Sept 29th, 2015 on the way up to Fremont for the X reveal event, and we still have not received our car. We finally just heard from our DS that he guarantees we will have our X by the 31st of this month, maybe even a little sooner. Here's hoping...

Ron
SigX VIN #484 (still waiting)