Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any stories of smokin' an unsuspecting car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People are comparing apples to oranges.

While comparing published 0-60 times or 1/4 mile times are easy to do, but it totally misses the mark of the advantage an EV has over an ICE.

The driving experience is so much better with an EV for normal, in traffic, driving. The instant torque and total control over on road vehicle placement is what makes all the difference.

Full throttle may be fun with and ICE vehicle, but it is the ultra precise torque control that makes the EV so much of a pleasure to drive. No down shifting, wheel spinning, exhaust roaring and engine revving that telegraphs what you are doing to other drivers and the authorities. With EV, just an easy toe dip, and you are right where you want to be with no fuss, drama or loss of control.

If you have not experienced it, no explanation is possible. If you have, no explanation is needed.

People are comparing apples to oranges.

While comparing published 0-60 times or 1/4 mile times are easy to do, but it totally misses the mark of the advantage an EV has over an ICE.

The driving experience is so much better with an EV for normal, in traffic, driving. The instant torque and total control over on road vehicle placement is what makes all the difference.

Full throttle may be fun with and ICE vehicle, but it is the ultra precise torque control that makes the EV so much of a pleasure to drive. No down shifting, wheel spinning, exhaust roaring and engine revving that telegraphs what you are doing to other drivers and the authorities. With EV, just an easy toe dip, and you are right where you want to be with no fuss, drama or loss of control.

If you have not experienced it, no explanation is possible. If you have, no explanation is needed.

You haven't explained what is apples and oranges.

Did anyone summarize that the ONLY and/or MAIN difference/advantage between EV's and ICE is simply acceleration?

Who said that?

Just this morning, I was behind a Infiniti that was driving 5 miles under the posted limit of 45. When it was clear to move around him, I did so. As I got next to him he accelerated hard. I punched the pedal and left him 4 car lengths behind me in a blink. I settled back into the fast lane and he came flying past me. Hey, why the hurry now!? I think he was a bit miffed(?) ;)

Me and Challenger Hellcat had a little fun at a light a few months ago. Yes I got him off the jump, however I slowed at about 55 to back under 50 for the speed limit.

Plus his car was so damn loud I did not want to draw any attention!

(Also, funny how the perception of the M3 was a year ago before all the options and updates)

• Funny
Reactions: RyanT