Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any update concerning token of appreciation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With some reservation holders being about to be invited (november-December) to configure their cars, do we know anything concerning tokens of appreciation for early reservation holders?

- Supercharging credits?
- Special/offered paint?
- Panoramic roof offered for non pup?
- Any ideas?

The first owners aren't first day reservation holders...

By the way, do we know if they all paid the pup?

In some of the stickers/bills there wasn't any mention to the pup...
It was mentioned by one of them that they DID pay for PUP even though it wasn't on the sticker, it was actually a concern that it hadn't been included in the car. The conversation happened on the M3OC forums.

Reactions: JoseBQ
Maybe someone has Elon’s tweet and subsequent comments in that regard handy and could tweet him that very question.

Those were some cold and rainy pre-dawn hours for a lot of us. It was neither cold nor rainy where I drove to stand in line, but there were still hundreds of people in line as the doors opened (this was Palm Springs/Desert).

Elon if I remember right went to the Centinela location that morning - which struck me odd as that was an SvC and not a gallery although Centinela does pretty much everything at that location - crazy busy.

No harm in holding a billionaire accountable for his own words. It’s 115,000 orders less cancellations. Figure with attrition... maybe 75K orders on the high side? (As some have already bought S/X instead).

That’s too many cars to sign... and custom paint would just be a pain.

So... yeah, included SCing would be helpful. That’s worth $10K or more to me over 5 years. But many wouldn’t even use it. Although that’s better for him.

Hmmmm.

Well, this is why he gets paid his $1/year. He’ll think of something. Unless he chooses to ignore what he said.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Unless he chooses to ignore what he said.

Probably this. It was an off-hand, impulse reaction comment.

If he does anything, it might be the Model 3 design sketch print they gave out at the first Model 3 reveal. Or a keychain. You know, a token item.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on anything that actually costs money, like paint or free options. That's just not going to happen.

Last edited:
Probably this. It was an off-hand, impulse reaction comment.

If he does anything, it might be the Model 3 design sketch print they gave out at the first Model 3 reveal. Or a keychain. You know, a token item.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on anything that actually costs money, like paint or free options. That's just not going to happen.

I am reminded of the words, "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Enabling a software feature costs less than sourcing 115,000 mugs, fulfillment, ancillary processing and postage.

Enabling a software feature costs less than sourcing 115,000 mugs, fulfillment, ancillary processing and postage.

Have you heard of China? You could probably get 115,000 widgets (mugs, pens, keychains, etc), landed for A LOT less than you think. And that's a one-time, non-recurring charge.

Besides, enabling a software feature still has a cost to manage, deploy, and maintain, as well as customer support, complaints, etc. It also sets a bad precedent for features they could charge customers for down the road.

I just don't see it. Actually, after all this time, I really don't see any token being sent out. If it were a priority of any kind, they would have done it already.

Have you heard of China? You could probably get 115,000 widgets (mugs, pens, keychains, etc), landed for A LOT less than you think. And that's a one-time, non-recurring charge.

Besides, enabling a software feature still has a cost to manage, deploy, and maintain, as well as customer support, complaints, etc. It also sets a bad precedent for features they could charge customers for down the road.

I just don't see it. Actually, after all this time, I really don't see any token being sent out. If it were a priority of any kind, they would have done it already.

I'm not going to parse hypotheticals with you. You're welcome to a pessimistic view. Note I didn't say you were wrong.

However, I equally dislike the continued precedent of Elon once again over-promising and under-delivering. Especially when nobody twisted Elon's arm to say what he said when he said it. Either step up and do the right thing, or step up and say you're not going to. This is Kindergarten 101. Hell, he already brought the s'mores.

Reactions: HankLloydRight