Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to know if I'm getting a loaner from the service center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to drop my car off next week at the service center so they can fix a large paint chip that was identified during delivery. The SC is about an hour away, so I was hoping I could get a loaner. I can't seem to find any possible way to get a human being on the phone at that SC.

Is there some way to know whether you're going to get a loaner or Uber credits? Only people I can reach are at the Tesla Gallery, but I don't think they'd know and I don't want to waste their time.

I have to drop my car off next week at the service center so they can fix a large paint chip that was identified during delivery. The SC is about an hour away, so I was hoping I could get a loaner. I can't seem to find any possible way to get a human being on the phone at that SC.

Is there some way to know whether you're going to get a loaner or Uber credits? Only people I can reach are at the Tesla Gallery, but I don't think they'd know and I don't want to waste their time.

I have an appointment in about a week and live 2 hrs away. In their initial text to me confirming appointment & steps to expect they said a loaner will be available for me. Only thing I did prior to this was mention in a chat with Tesla on their website that I wanted to confirm I'd be given a loaner given the long distance drive. At that time they said it would be dependent on availability with the local service center but I guess it left a note in their system or something.. not sure.

My experience is that when they have a loaner fleet, they do what they can to use them most efficiently.

I had reserved a loaner one time, but when I got there the previous person using it had not returned it when expected. They simply had no way to provide that same car to me as the first guy kept it longer than promised. They moved me into a regular ICE loaner. While disappointed in not getting a Tesla, I was upset more with the original borrower who failed to return it when scheduled, than to Tesla, as it was something that they were not able to control.

This is just one of the reasons they are challenged to absolutely guarantee you a Tesla loaner. One might be returned needing a charge, might have damage, might smell bad, or any of several issues that might not make it possible for them to have it waiting when you arrive.

Sometimes, even Tesla corportate might grab them from the service center, as it had just been sold to a used car customer.

Believe they do what they can, but are not totally in control of all their inventory.

Pecking order seems to be a newer, upscale Tesla.
A less than perfect Tesla.
A beat up Tesla.
A nice ICE loaner.
A beater ICE loaner.
Uber credits.
Phone a friend :(

Only been to service twice. Once got a S75, other time an ICE.

Hey brother. You will get a loaner since you ID'ed a problem with initial delivery quality. This is per the contract and they may issue you a loaner thru Enterprise with whom Tesla has an agreement. Another thread a while ago brought it to my attention. Initially I thought all loaners would be Tesla's, and alot of them are. It depends on availability and duration of the loan. You shouldn't get stuck with an Uber credit. I'd raise holy hell if a Mgr tried that. Regular service is another matter.
Good luck Roy. :cool: