Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody bought from Taptes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought their USB Hub / Sentry drive holder, and the wireless charging pad.

Both were a snug fit, and took an age of men to arrive, but are cheap & cheerful. I'd probably buy from them again, unless I was in a massive hurry. They also managed to change my delivery address as the COVID lockdowns began, which was much appreciated.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
i bought their hub thingy on march 27th and it didn't ship on the 30th as the website said, so i emailed them to cancel and they waited until they shipped the hub (a day later) to alert me it was "shipped" :rolleyes:.

many of these overseas chinese vendors lax on email communication. they are quick to get your money and they are all about getting paid FIRST and answers questions later. just my experience with dealing with a lot of OEM shenzhen vendors on group buys over the years...

the reason I wanted to cancel was I picked another hub made by a forum member here as that wa a better solution for my environment.

Ordered a hub / charger / mat about 1.5 months ago.
The charger works fine.. hub was delayed.. still not here yet.
The mats came in, the driver side / rear fit fine the passenger doesnt fit properly and does not account for the dip.

I don't know if i could recommend the mats or ordering from them directly but the charger seems well built.

I ordered the floor mats and some accessories at the end of January. I understand it was in the middle of Covid19 so was expecting a little delay. On Feb 27, I got an email saying the floor mats were shipped but their tracking number didn't work so I just waited. Nothing came in for 2-3 weeks so I emailed them about the mats and other items and was told they will ship them shortly. Finally I got another email on 3/27 that the accessories were shipped. When I told them the floor mats haven't arrived, they told me the mats were returned and they resent them. The tracking number they gave me is just one tracking number which means they finally shipped(hopefully) everything on 3/27. I will give until mid-April and if nothing comes in, I will contact Paypal and find a chargeback/dispute.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I wouldn’t recommend them now. Wireless charger stopped working on the passenger side for me. Customer service in regards to new orders has been non existent. Phone numbers on their website stopped working and getting a response to emails is near impossible.

This has been going on for me since before the shutdowns related to Covid-19 so not just related to that.

After posting this they reached out to apologize for the lack of contact to try to make things right which is more than most places have done with bad customer service reviews on here as of late. They sent a new charging pad which is working now.

Feels like they are trying to turn around the customer service issues that have happened as of late. Hopefully more people can chime in with their experiences.

Delivery was a little slow but to be fair it is from across the world (for me) during a world wide pandemic. When it arrived (wireless charging) I did have an issue because the install instructions did not say the splitters are required even if you don't use them; some back and forth email and it's all working fine.

I have bought several items from Taptes. Decent quality, reasonable cost. Shipping takes a while...you need to be patient.
I’ve posted some videos on some of their items. (Below)...

Taptes T-Box Tesla Wireless Charger Console Organizer Model S / X
Taptes Tesla Model 3 Cup Holder Insert

Taptes Tesla Model 3 Center Console Trash & Storage Bin

Taptes Tesla Model 3 Sunshade

Center Console Upgrade - Tesla Model 3

Center Console Upgrade for Tesla Model S
Center Console Upgrade for Tesla Model S

Tesla Model 3 Taptes Wireless Charger
Tesla Model 3 Taptes Wireless Charger

I received my Gen 3 TapTes Wireless Charger yesterday. Will install and setup later this afternoon
Wireless Charger for Tesla Model 3 15W Fast Charging

IMG_1316.jpg

(Note: I've also purchased their Gen 1 wireless charger and had no issues either)

I have a 2018 Model 3, so I don't have the USB-C but the standard USB-A charge ports.

Any impressions?? Gen 1 vs Gen 3? What Phone you using on it?

Thx

Been using it for a few days now and only charged for about 30 mins for a weekend errand.

Here's my initial feedback and comparison from Gen 1.

• Build quality is definitely better than Gen 1
• I love the tapered/round edges and circle plastic dots (in rear) that fits the OEM pad with no rattle and lifting
• Landscape charging is a plus for using Waze
• Lip is more pronounced so most larger phones don't drop or move while going over bumpy roads
• Using iPhone 11 with thin clear case
• Charging speed is similar to Gen 1 since wireless charging for iPhone I believe is capped at 7.5W but this version does support up to 15W fast charging with some compatible Android phones

Overall, It's a good upgrade from Gen 1, better build quality/design and would recommend to upgrade/buy.
I've added a few photos of the charging pad (Shooting from only phone so I didn't have any phone to use as an example)

IMG_1334.JPG IMG_1336.JPG IMG_1337.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: bcpm3p and sa012
Been using it for a few days now and only charged for about 30 mins for a weekend errand.

Here's my initial feedback and comparison from Gen 1.

• Build quality is definitely better than Gen 1
• I love the tapered/round edges and circle plastic dots (in rear) that fits the OEM pad with no rattle and lifting
• Landscape charging is a plus for using Waze
• Lip is more pronounced so most larger phones don't drop or move while going over bumpy roads
• Using iPhone 11 with thin clear case
• Charging speed is similar to Gen 1 since wireless charging for iPhone I believe is capped at 7.5W but this version does support up to 15W fast charging with some compatible Android phones

Overall, It's a good upgrade from Gen 1, better build quality/design and would recommend to upgrade/buy.
I've added a few photos of the charging pad (Shooting from only phone so I didn't have any phone to use as an example)

View attachment 566647 View attachment 566648 View attachment 566649

did your circle plastic dots have any rubber feet in them or were they unfilled? They look like there should be Something in them.