Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody try stainless brake lines yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My rear wheel well liners rubbed through my brake lines. I apparently missed the update from the service center. I ended up finding braided lines.

I don't understand why they don't roll off the production line like this! The stopping power is amazing!

Brake lines get soft over time, NEW lines is a big part of what you are feeling.

Ever notice construction equipment does NOT have exposed braid on the hydraulic lines that are exposed to a lot more abuse? The steel braid is in the rubber, so dirt can not embed and begin abrading under the braid. Far as I know this is why they are not OEM. It is also unlikely that this would ever present as an issue on a street car.

I'm sure that my lines were worn and the new lines are going to show improvement but let me specify that after driving a new loaner with AP2 these brake lines alone made my brakes far better. My family will testify to it because I had them help me decide ;)

My rear wheel well liners rubbed through my brake lines. I apparently missed the update from the service center. I ended up finding braided lines.

I don't understand why they don't roll off the production line like this! The stopping power is amazing!

Wow, I think you just solved a mystery I’ve wondered about since 2013, when a proactive item was added to my service list and I never got the full explanation. The item was to trim rear wheel well liners. What is your build and which part of the liner was the culprit?

I replaced my lines when Nicki was 2 months old. No real difference from the stockers in pedal feel at that point. My lines came from RB and are Teflon/stainless. That being said, I have replaced a few older cars' brake lines and any over 2 years old have had a noticeably firmer pedal. IMHO if you care about brake feel, change them ASAP.