Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody waiting for a Model X delivery (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been contacted by Tesla to let me know my car is on the way to a boat, Model X LR White with Black interior - 22 inch wheels.

They have given me the VIN number and said that the VIN will be in my account within the next few days.

They said the delivery date is around 2nd - 3rd Week September, when pushed they said around 23rd September in Manchester for collection.

Its great news as I only ordered it 20th June 2020 - Custom order. I understand they did not build the car for me, I understand the way Tesla sells car based on building a load of configurations and then matching to a customer.

I am happy because even if the car comes a coupe of days early, (the delivery department said thats very unlikely)

Then I should get a delivery date best case post the batter day announcement, then if there is a drastic change to the Model X and mine is not part of this (If any) then I can cancel the order if I decide too.

Its unlikely I will cancel the order, It will have to be a big change: EG: Bigger battery and range, powertrain or Interior (Highly unlikely!)

I just wondered is anyone else looking at September delivery?

Have you received your VIN?

Received an ETA for delivery / collection date?

Model X, Model S, Model 3 >?

Model X, Model S, Model 3 >?

Ignore the Model 3, the way they get to the UK is completely different from the S/X

I have been contacted by Tesla to let me know my car is on the way to a boat, Model X LR White with Black interior - 22 inch wheels.

That's always great news to get! When they say "on the way to a boat" that could mean it's just left the factory - in which case it's a fortnight before it's loaded on a ship, or it's at the docks in Houston.

They said the delivery date is around 2nd - 3rd Week September, when pushed they said around 23rd September in Manchester for collection.

That sounds more like it's leaving the factory, and I'd have a guess at the Maersk Safmarine Mafadi which is scheduled to arrive in Rotterdam end of August. Add a couple of weeks for the Tilburg rebuild and onward transit to the UK and 2nd/3rd week of Sept looks good.

Then I should get a delivery date best case post the batter day announcement, then if there is a drastic change to the Model X and mine is not part of this (If any) then I can cancel the order if I decide too.

Its unlikely I will cancel the order, It will have to be a big change: EG: Bigger battery and range, powertrain or Interior (Highly unlikely!)

I'm in the same situation, although haven't been contacted and no hidden VIN or other data to suggest it's in transit. I'm going to try and defer delivery towards the end of Sept (which will be manic with potentially even less care and attention to the PDI than normal) just in case there's a compelling reason to cancel. I don't think there will be and suspect it'll be more typical Musk and "coming soon" but given it's so close there's no reason not to wait.

I'll chime in here with my situation.

Ordered: 22nd June - Model X Perf, 20" wheels, 6 seater
Configuration Designer ETA: August
Hidden VIN: No
No contact from Tesla to say I had been matched until I called them and then they gave me a VIN.
On the same call, they haven't been able to confirm an ETA however it could be mid/late August. They are expecting to receive and deliver a bunch of cars around then (which coincides with the existing inventory data plus VedaPrime hasn't had any data for Europe manifests yet) and that mine could be one of them.

As for battery day, I'm not holding my breath for anything that would be a game changer. Plus if there is anything revolutionary. I wouldn't have thought it would be out in time for 2020 or an early 2021 release so I won't be postponing my order.

When it comes to tech if you wait for the next big thing you’ll pretty much always be waiting. There will always be innovation, but your cars will still be awesome :)

There is always something better coming from Tesla, AP4.0 hardware is due at some point, MCU3 will be a certainty for the Cybertruck.

Our 2017 75D, AP2, MCU 1 X feels as great today as when we bought it. Its still the unique and smilie inducing car I have ever owned.

Yes we could gave waited till 2020 for a X and got a bigger battery/MCU 2 etc. But we've had over 3 years and 46k miles of happy motoring behind us, and looking fowards to many more.

These are fantastic cars, Tesla hit something unique with the X, and its unlikely Tesla will ever make anything so amazing again (even Elon admitted the X was ambitious).

At this odd time in world, we should all be thankful we are lucky enough to enjoy owning these cars, to the rest of the world having one of these things parked on the driveway is nothing more than a dream.

Enjoy the prospect of taking delivery and don't get too caught in ultimately a pointless worry in the bigger scale of things:).

48395616702_8efcc81495_c_d.jpg

Ve
There is always something better coming from Tesla, AP4.0 hardware is due at some point, MCU3 will be a certainty for the Cybertruck.

Our 2017 75D, AP2, MCU 1 X feels as great today as when we bought it. Its still the unique and smilie inducing car I have ever owned.

Yes we could gave waited till 2020 for a X and got a bigger battery/MCU 2 etc. But we've had over 3 years and 46k miles of happy motoring behind us, and looking fowards to many more.

These are fantastic cars, Tesla hit something unique with the X, and its unlikely Tesla will ever make anything so amazing again (even Elon admitted the X was ambitious).

At this odd time in world, we should all be thankful we are lucky enough to enjoy owning these cars, to the rest of the world having one of these things parked on the driveway is nothing more than a dream.

Enjoy the prospect of taking delivery and don't get too caught in ultimately a pointless worry in the bigger scale of things:).

48395616702_8efcc81495_c_d.jpg

Very true. And looking at your car made me smile as apart from the interior I’m getting the same. looks totally bad ass.

Reactions: Neilio
When it comes to tech if you wait for the next big thing you’ll pretty much always be waiting. There will always be innovation, but your cars will still be awesome :)

Yes, I completely agree. Everyone's situation is different, and my existing deal isn't up until end of Feb, so if Battery Day did reveal something meaningful I'd cancel my existing order at the last minute.

Placed my order for the following spec in January:

Model X Performance
Ludicrous Mode
Pearl White Multi-Coat
22" Onyx Black Wheels
All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
Six Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Free Unlimited Supercharging

was expected for March delivery originally, in April was told a June delivery date, in June I was told to expect a vin number on July 15th, on July 15th was told to expect delivery in mid September. (I’m not hopeful that my car will be with me in September) lol. I was tempted to compromise and opt for an existing inventory option, however I don’t want to loose the Free Unlimited Supercharging that I secured.

Understandable that A delay would happen considering covid, but their communication with me about my order has been shocking. I also have a Porsche Taycann that I ordered at a similar time and they have been so good at communicating the state of my order at all stages. Any advice on getting real information from Tesla over the phone? Lol, doesn’t make me optimistic about their communication about servicing once I have the car.

Model X Performance
Ludicrous Mode
Pearl White Multi-Coat
22" Onyx Black Wheels
Six Seat Interior
Autopilot

was expected for March delivery originally, in April was told a June delivery date, in June I was told to expect a vin number on July 15th, on July 15th was told to expect delivery in mid September. (I’m not hopeful that my car will be with me in September) lol. I was tempted to compromise and opt for an existing inventory option, however I don’t want to loose the Free Unlimited Supercharging that I secured.

Understandable that A delay would happen considering covid, but their communication with me about my order has been shocking. I also have a Porsche Taycann that I ordered at a similar time and they have been so good at communicating the state of my order at all stages. Any advice on getting real information from Tesla over the phone? Lol, doesn’t make me optimistic about their communication about servicing once I have the car.

Oh dear! Do you have a VIN now?

Waiting on an X and an S, only ordered about a month ago.

S I think we'll have in the next few weeks as one popped up in inventory in transit so the lease company have swapped it over to that one.

X I don't know. Long range, black, standard wheels, 7 seats, white leather. Be great if it was here within the next 6 weeks but we'll see.

Model X Performance
Ludicrous Mode
Pearl White Multi-Coat
22" Onyx Black Wheels
Six Seat Interior
Autopilot

This is appalling. Ordered in January and still no sign of it. No communication from Tesla, unless you badger them.
This total lack of communication is what constantly astounds me and for a software driven company in 2020 this is such an easy fix.
If you look at the threads on this forum I reckon over half of them are gripes that stem from this lack of comms.

Model X Performance
Ludicrous Mode
Pearl White Multi-Coat
22" Onyx Black Wheels
Six Seat Interior
Autopilot

Are you in the UK? I guess so based on this being Uk and Ireland forum!
I can’t understand why you are getting such a shitty order process.
I ordered in June had a few calls from sales at the beginning and when I have rang delivery twice they have had the information I called for.
Ordered in June and September delivery.
I can only put my experience down to lucky timing and being matched with maybe a more common spec? That saying I don’t know enough about which model x is more popular, the performance or the LR ? our experience is polar opposites.
So far I have praise, that said there is still plenty of time for them to revert to norm! And I have yet to take the car, that may be a whole new experience! But so far so good. One thing you have over me is free super charging. I get nothing! Even the referral programme I’m in is rubbish. I mean I get 1000 miles of SC per referral. I reckon that’s 3 full charges = £60. X 5 £300. Before some people got a set of 22s with tyres!! So have you got a vin yet?

Are you in the UK? I guess so based on this being Uk and Ireland forum!
I can’t understand why you are getting such a shitty order process.
I ordered in June had a few calls from sales at the beginning and when I have rang delivery twice they have had the information I called for.
Ordered in June and September delivery.
I can only put my experience down to lucky timing and being matched with maybe a more common spec? That saying I don’t know enough about which model x is more popular, the performance or the LR ? our experience is polar opposites.
So far I have praise, that said there is still plenty of time for them to revert to norm! And I have yet to take the car, that may be a whole new experience! But so far so good. One thing you have over me is free super charging. I get nothing! Even the referral programme I’m in is rubbish. I mean I get 1000 miles of SC per referral. I reckon that’s 3 full charges = £60. X 5 £300. Before some people got a set of 22s with tyres!! So have you got a vin yet?

Yep based in the UK, ordered from Solihull. Was told in April/may to expect a vin on July 15th yet here i am with none. Latest i was told over the phone that iT may be with me in September. Not clear if that is to expect a vin in September or so expect to i have my car with my in September. S

Yep based in the UK, ordered from Solihull. Was told in April/may to expect a vin on July 15th yet here i am with none. Latest i was told over the phone that iT may be with me in September. Not clear if that is to expect a vin in September or so expect to i have my car with my in September. S

That’s weird and I bet massively frustrating.
Ordering a car a no sign for 9 months!
Still no Vin as well so not even matched to a car.