Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Bought New Inventory Tesla Model S/X "Raven" got free unlimited supercharging before June 30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it was limited to inventory cars.

yeah there were new inventory ravens available in May and June but were rare finds. The last 3 weeks of june there were a whole bunch new inventory and not Built-to-order Ravens available.

I inquiring about it, due to when i picked up my delivery another customer asked the same question to the store manager and they were promised that it'll be added on after delivery for the inventory raven they bought

Tesla did put out a public statement and tweet that "ALL" new inventory model s/x get free unlimited supercharing before June 30th.

I doubt there were any inventory Ravens. The incentive was to get rid of the inventory cars that were NOT the new tech without drastically reducing the price.

There were quite a few inventory Ravens available during June after Tesla tweeted that "All Inventory cars" bought before June 30th get FUSC. There's another thread here somewhere where it was debated at length whether it applied to Ravens or not. As far as I know, there's no proof either way yet.

i actually have proof. because i copied the VIN numbers listed on EV-CPO site during those time. at least 3 of them had free unlimited supercharing on the tesla website (which i can disclose if people PM me for those VIN number)

Interesting.. i filed 3 open cases regarding thse two of them got rejected on the ground that raven doesn't qualify.. however this last one remained open case for a long time.. until last night.. "boom" FUSC for life showed up on my tesla page.. freaking excited

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
i actually have proof. because i copied the VIN numbers listed on EV-CPO site during those time. at least 3 of them had free unlimited supercharing on the tesla website (which i can disclose if people PM me for those VIN number)

Interesting.. i filed 3 open cases regarding thse two of them got rejected on the ground that raven doesn't qualify.. however this last one remained open case for a long time.. until last night.. "boom" FUSC for life showed up on my tesla page.. freaking excited

Where do you file a case? I have some post delivery issues on my X I need to contact someone about before too long. My delivery was a nightmare, like delivering my $150k+ X to me in Fremont was an afterthought in a sea of Model III deliveries. I have a short list of important issues I need resolution on, the FUSC for life I was promised would be resoled is one of those still open issues... but I've been busy and haven't pushed back on it, I need to... now.

Where do you file a case? I have some post delivery issues on my X I need to contact someone about before too long. My delivery was a nightmare, like delivering my $150k+ X to me in Fremont was an afterthought in a sea of Model III deliveries. I have a short list of important issues I need resolution on, the FUSC for life I was promised would be resoled is one of those still open issues... but I've been busy and haven't pushed back on it, I need to... now.

and

I took delivery end of June and it is a Raven (I checked the suspension) and it is an inventory car (the other buyer didn't take delivery thus it is not a custom made car). I am wondering how I can get unlimited supercharging?

both of you guys MD JD and. Wayneco

You have to get your local delivery advisor who worked with you to file the case for you.. Make sure your model S/X is a "New Inventory" not a build-to-order or custom order, took delivery before June 30th. and Have them look up official Tesla twitter account with the Statement that " ALL" new inventory model S/X gets FUSC before June 30th.

see if they will take care of it. don't give up just keep filing cases even if it is rejected.. eventually they'll get annoyed and just give the the dame FUSC.

Thanks. I was bounced around between so many "delivery advisors" it was comical, never the same person more than once or twice, then contact by another. I'm a Nevada customer who took delivery at the Fremont factor delivery center, which made it all the more confusing for people. Been contacted by people in Vegas, Rocklin, San Jose and Palo Alto during the process, most just once, no replies from them for the most part. Maybe I'll start writing "[email protected]" (that's a valid address, I think?) and asking why my FUSC isn't showing up on my vehicle's owner page at Tesla.com. I know what that's supposed to look like, we have FUSC for life, transferrable with the car on our Model S P85+ (also delivered at the Fremont factory but, in the last days of March 2014.)

Thanks. I was bounced around between so many "delivery advisors" it was comical, never the same person more than once or twice, then contact by another. I'm a Nevada customer who took delivery at the Fremont factor delivery center, which made it all the more confusing for people. Been contacted by people in Vegas, Rocklin, San Jose and Palo Alto during the process, most just once, no replies from them for the most part. Maybe I'll start writing "[email protected]" (that's a valid address, I think?) and asking why my FUSC isn't showing up on my vehicle's owner page at Tesla.com. I know what that's supposed to look like, we have FUSC for life, transferrable with the car on our Model S P85+ (also delivered at the Fremont factory but, in the last days of March 2014.)
I'm confused, too, why you would pay an extra ~$8K or so in taxes to pick the car up in California...

Reactions: HankLloydRight

yeah bud, I had the same thing, I worked with various delivery advisor and bounced around picked up the car in another state. The delivery advisor who you're going to work on it is probably going to be the delivery advisor that is the closest to you where you'll take you car to get serviced by the Tesla center. The guys in Fremont probably wouldn't care that much since they won't ever see your car again.

The last open case was filed by my local delivery advisor after I told him that I already finished the sales transaction (therefore sales people didn't want to continue doing the support, delivery advisor at another state where I picked up the car aren't really involve with the transaction either except to deliver the car. However now you have the car delivered.. you'll work with the local delivery/service department on continue working with issues for the car and make them accountable.... you'll say "I know it's not anybody's fault".. however if they can at least help you file the case and let the Main Tesla operations team work on the case and let them decide. you would appreciate their help.

most people would just file the case for you..

if it gets rejected... just call again a filed.. states that other people have received it, although a rare occurrence since there weren't that many new inventory ones around

I'm confused, too, why you would pay an extra ~$8K or so in taxes to pick the car up in California...

well you can pay the tax,, but then you can get it back. in addition if he has to make the deadline for June 30th he could of lost more money from the reduced credit. plus he may want the car sooner and didn't want to pay for the delivery charge

well you can pay the tax,, but then you can get it back. in addition if he has to make the deadline for June 30th he could of lost more money from the reduced credit. plus he may want the car sooner and didn't want to pay for the delivery charge
I assume you are aware that California collects tax on auto sales if you pick up the car in California, unlike almost all other states where it is paid at the time it is registered. I don't know how you would get back a tax that California has collected. True, you might not have to pay tax in your state if California has collected it, but even that is a "might".

Nevada automobile sales/use tax is capped at $950 last I checked. It's a little higher in California.

Couple of hours after I ordered the car a sales guy called me saying there was a car waiting in Fremont factory floor as the previous guy didn't show up for the car. He asked me if I wanted this car instead of my custom made MX. I said yes so I got the car within 2 days of ordering. The current car is not the car I custom ordered online.

I will try to call Tesla tomorrow to see if I can make it happen. Worth trying but actually the FUSC is to clear old, non-raven inventory. I will try for sure.

Once they announced FUSC was back for inventory cars they were about 50/50 having it listed on spec sheet. I found one spec'd the way I liked and asked the advisor I was dealing with if he was able to add it .... he burst out laughing. I ended up buying a different car which was actually cheaper but had FUSC listed.

That official twitter post is as clear as day though. Anyone that bought a inventory car should get it

Once they announced FUSC was back for inventory cars they were about 50/50 having it listed on spec sheet. I found one spec'd the way I liked and asked the advisor I was dealing with if he was able to add it .... he burst out laughing.

I picked out an inventory MS in this time frame, and it had FUSC listed on the spec sheet. Then they couldn’t deliver the car, giving various reasons. Delivery advisor found another one with all the options I wanted on it, so I bought it. FUSC was not listed on the spec sheet, and I couldn’t get anyone to add it. But after pestering them every day for a week, they sent me an email stating unequivocally that the car had FUSC. I scheduled delivery, picked it up in SLC, and it’s been flawless. Easily the best car I’ve ever owned!