Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlimited Free Supercharging Carried to New Tesla Offer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else get an email about this? I bought my Model 3 in mid 2018 when this offer was available on Performance Model 3's so I've had unlimited free supercharging ever since. I just got an email saying if I buy a new Model 3, Y, X or S before the end of the year, my FUSC will carry to the new car. It's extremely tempting.

Yes, quite a few people actually. There are several existing discussion threads on it.

I guess TMC isn't all that concerned with getting rid of FUSC if they're doing this promo.

I've been saying FUSC doesn't cost them that much, and some one here tried to tell me I was wrong.
There's a big difference between the amount the company could potentially profit from eliminating FUSC, and the amount keeping it actually costs them. Passing on potential profit is not the same thing as taking real bottom line losses.
Hell, once the charging network is opened to all other EV's, that real profit will far outweigh what they've been giving away to FUSC owners. In fact, I see no reason they wouldn't start doing even more of these type of promos in the future. Maybe even go back to offering FUSC on new purchases for limited times like EOQ to boost sales.

I guess they want a Q4 boost with this promo. I'd assume the Highland 3 will have many US buyers waiting until next yr.

"TMC" (Tesla motors club) doesnt have anything at all to do with this offer, nor is this site in any way linked to Tesla other thab being a fan site, so I am guessing you ment "Tesla".

The other thing I think you are missing, is they are offering people to move FUSC and many of the people who still have that feature have it transferrable to another owner of the car. Tesla stopped offering that version of FUSC a LONG time ago (2016 ish). All versions of FUSC they offer now go away when the vehicle is sold.

This transfer ALSO trades "FUSC that stays with the car forever, through ownership changes" to "FUSC that goes away when the car is sold" so yes, they do care about FUSC and yes, they are trying to get rid of it, specifically ones that stay with the car forever.

I definitely agree they may offer more time limited FUSC like "2 years FUSC" or "6 years FUSC" but they likely will never go back to "FUSC that lasts for the life of the car and transfers to future owners of that vehicle" again.

Last edited:
Did anyone else get an email about this? I bought my Model 3 in mid 2018 when this offer was available on Performance Model 3's so I've had unlimited free supercharging ever since. I just got an email saying if I buy a new Model 3, Y, X or S before the end of the year, my FUSC will carry to the new car. It's extremely tempting.
Just transferred mine, was a 2013 model S 60 with 157k to a new Y performance, sucks it can’t transfer but I’m so excited. The tech difference is hilarious!

Attachments

• 01A111AB-1D0A-4C20-B4D5-9E7B5A92A53F.png
    01A111AB-1D0A-4C20-B4D5-9E7B5A92A53F.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 82