Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone currently considering buying FSD post-delivery (Aug 16 price hike)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait... how do you figure a $10K savings by it driving you home and to work? Do you pay yourself to drive yourself? And how did you calculate that alleged savings?

I pay about $3,000 per year in subway fare for my wife and myself commuting 10 miles into DC for work. Renting a parking space would cost about the same. But a years worth of electricity to go 40 miles (work, drop us off, drive home to park, drive to city to pick us up, home) would only cost $250.

I do wish that when they created and started bundling standard autopilot with every car, those who had purchased EAP for $5k could have elected to receive a $3k refund and downgrade the software to standard AP. Instead, I ended up forking over another $2k on top of that to upgrade to FSD. Probably a waste of money, especially since there is no sign whatsoever that Tesla is even thinking about when and how to start doing the HW3 retrofit, much less, godforbid, they communicate with customers to let us know the timetable.

I'm going for it. I watched the fsd video and the computer is awesome. Putting all the nodes of the neural net tree in static ram is amazing. Elon hasn't failed me yet. He sees the future potential clearly.

He has started 5 companies to date:
Solarcity - I payed $0 dollars for the panel's on my roof. I did the PPA and now pay 13.5 cents/kWh to tesla.
tesla - model 3 owner. Enuff said.
Spacex - have you seen the booster landings? Have you seen the water tower that flies being constructed in Boca Chica TX
Boring - A subway system that works like our highway system underground. 700 mph hyperloops between cities
Neuralink - thousands of electrodes "sewn" to the brain.

Reactions: Etchhead