Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone done PPF for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3M, I did full hood and trunk and around the sides but left the top side window frame alone. May decide to vinyl that black for two tone at a later date. Of course, there are a few rock chips there now :mad:o_O

The front bumper was the hardest as I tried to copy the no seam stretching seen online. Did not have that bonding gel as recommended by 3M. Maybe in a few years I'll redo it :)

This site sells bulk PPF and Vinyl

https://www.nochip.ca/cart

Thanks for the info!

Aside from the A and C pillars, and the roof being glass, sounds like you pretty much wrapped the whole car!

E1D70EEA-9B37-4A9E-AD6E-8BE938802DB2.jpeg
I do PPF here in Montreal , and have a Model 3.

I did most of the car the day I got it, have not had the time to finish it clients come first ...lol

The way I look at it the paint stays original and perfect , the resale will be higher if you have it.

I love the fact that I just don’t worry about the paint, I used to hate washing my car because I would just see new chips and scratches all the time....I also have a tree in my driveway and the birds poop on the car, now I don’t have to worry about washing it right away, and don’t even get me started with my neighbours cat that sleeps and walks over my hood every other day.

If you don’t plan on selling and the chips don’t bother you then you answered your own question.

Here is a full front end rockers I did recently , client found a 2018 new, he wanted the silver

Last edited:
Reactions: bolero
B2CB01C5-45F9-4DA9-8493-906AC560D8F4.jpeg
I would really like to see my car in Xpel stealth... model 3 MSM... does anyone in vancouver have one wrapped in stealth I could check out? Or anyone seen one around in their neighbourhood I could just walk by and look at?? I could use another excuse to drive out to the suburbs too if I have to..

I’ve done a full stealth wrap on my metallic silver model 3 like the initial reveal car back in March 2016. Not MSM but might give you an idea. I am very happy with the look and feel. I also love the piece of mind on road trips.

Finally caved in and got mine done. Going on a long road trip up to the Canmore. Very happy with the results and logistics they provided. I had a Gyeon ceramic coating on mine, buffed that off to ensure the Xpel would stick.

Bunch of the local vancouver model 3 facebook owners have gone to HAV Ceramic

HAV Ceramic Coating

Paid
$1650 for a full front, including the centre console which I got done in a satin.
$300 for the rockers.

I'll reapply Ceramic once I get back

Last edited:
I'll be getting this package done ($1199 + GST) before I get my TM3 from Calgary. These guys do a lot of Tesla's and are a block away from Tesla. If you don't want the top done, they will discount a bit. I was originally going to go that way, but decided now is not the time to be cheap.
I will also be adding the universal mudflaps @$15.99 +, in the winter, as described elsewhere on this site. Bought extra Tesla clips in case some were missing for $23.88 +.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
"The best way to protect from door dings is to park a sensible distance away from the worst offenders. "

My company pays for a reserved slot in the garage attached. Unfortunately the turnover is high, and I get random churls next to me when the adjacent spaces are unrented.
So I have a couple of pool noodles with plastic chain run through them. I had some sleeves run up, made of duveteen, and ran the ends of the chains through same, connected to slim plastic vees (Whataburger* Number tents work great) which fit between the window and the scraper. Takes a just a moment to hang them across the doors at the appropriate height. Until I can afford to rent another space, they do keep the door dings at bay.
A buddy has rented two spaces, and parks his Model S down the middle. He made a sign saying "I RENT BOTH THESE SPACES!" to keep the unwashed from getting uriniferous.

*Re Whataburger - if you are from Texas, you will understand.

Wrapping the whole car is great if you have the budget. If not, I'd suggest the highest risk area, especially if you drive in winter, is probably the rockers. I got just the rockers covered in PPF, which was pretty cost effective. Front mudflaps are going on soon too, which are cheap and easy to install. The bumpers are plastic, so they won't rust, and the hood is aluminum, which doesn't oxidize very quickly, so there's lots of time to touch up any stone chips. I'm less concerned about aesthetics personally than making sure my rockers stay intact.

Congrats on your car and best of luck!

I am biased because I do PPF but I could not drive without it.

I recently did a black M3, he had only driven it 2 months in summer before I did the work on it, I also installed mud flaps.

This is how bad the paint was on the rear bumper edge.

F62198D1-C759-40B2-83F1-0446E30341BB.jpeg