Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else get a call today about the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no way that was legit. Why would Tesla tell someone there is going to be a 3 year wait a month after announcing a huge ramp up in production? How would a 1 in a thousand chance of converting a reservation to MS order be worth a very possible cancelled reservation in addition to what would be some very very bad press?

Because the salesperson is trying to keep their job and/or get a bonus (no commission, no sir), and they'll say anything to get their mark to buy?

Did they say "You'll have a 3-year wait" or did they say "You could be waiting up to 3 years"? Big difference.

I actually got a similar call in early June. I wasn't told I'd have a three-year wait, but I was offered a test drive for a Model S. I was also encouraged to consider buying a Model S so I wouldn't have to wait. I looked up the phone number on my caller ID and confirmed it was for my closest Tesla dealer.

I actually got a similar call in early June. I wasn't told I'd have a three-year wait, but I was offered a test drive for a Model S. I was also encouraged to consider buying a Model S so I wouldn't have to wait. I looked up the phone number on my caller ID and confirmed it was for my closest Tesla dealer.

By any chance do you remember if you did not check the "I prefer email over phone calls" checkbox when you made your reservation?

Once I finally got a model S test drive done (tried online and in store but nobody called me back) I got some emails from one of the sales people and he said something along the lines of I might want to look at the S60 as model 3 reservation holders might not get the tax credits. It wasn't what I would call pushy but it was definitely salesy (yes I made up that word). Can't blame them for trying I guess.

I also got a call left on my phone to come in for a test drive with MODEL S.

I got a call from Tesla a few weeks ago asking if I wanted a Model S test drive. He also started explaining how the newer cars were much better than the Model S I test drove a few years ago, but I explained that I was aware of the improvements before he got very far. IMO, there wasn't anything approaching aggressive sales tactics. Just a friendly chat asking if I wanted a test drive.

Choices in a year and a half are going to be interesting - especially for reservation holders.

There will be excitement from the next M3 reveal event.
There will be a case for the base MS that's at least as compelling as it is today.
There will be more used MS for private sale.
There will be more AP CPO cars - for example 3 yrs old with 48,000 miles selling in the $40s.

And still there will be reason to buy new for those who want to continue to live upon the bleeding edge (AP2.0 and 110kW batteries).

5 compelling choices.

Reactions: GoTslaGo
When we made our reservation, there was a checkbox to mark to request a test drive. We got the call in mid-May and went on Father's Day. Nothing pushy at all. Since Seattle is riddled with Teslas--we see several every day--none of this was surprising.