Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My buddy is really trying to buy a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend went to the Tesla Westfield shop in London yesterday. Test drove the Model 3, loved it, ordered it, went home.

He then tried to complete the order in the app (which is a requirement) and found out, for some bizarre reason, the app thought he was buying as a company and needed the company details and permissions to complete the order in the app.

Really annoying.

But not as annoying as then being unable to find some way to get a response out of Tesla to rectify this. Direct message, phone call, email - no response.

He's actually going to have to drive back to Westfield to talk to the same person who sold him the car. In 2024.

Really poor show by Tesla on an actual sale - not a prospect - an ACTUAL sale. He's lost that warm and fuzzy glow from the sale process. Total own goal by Tesla. How many sales do they lose like this?

My friend went to the Tesla Westfield shop in London yesterday. Test drove the Model 3, loved it, ordered it, went home.

He then tried to complete the order in the app (which is a requirement) and found out, for some bizarre reason, the app thought he was buying as a company and needed the company details and permissions to complete the order in the app.

Really annoying.

But not as annoying as then being unable to find some way to get a response out of Tesla to rectify this. Direct message, phone call, email - no response.

He's actually going to have to drive back to Westfield to talk to the same person who sold him the car. In 2024.

Really poor show by Tesla on an actual sale - not a prospect - an ACTUAL sale. He's lost that warm and fuzzy glow from the sale process. Total own goal by Tesla. How many sales do they lose like this?
Sounds very disappointing and I can understand why your friend is put off. It seems he logged into the Tesla app so he had or created a Tesla account? Was there ever a Tesla vehicle in that account before? Could it have anything to do with the email address he used when ordering the car or the info given when the Tesla account was created? Only asking because I have never heard of this before and it may be that something triggered this in the system.

Has anyone ever got through to Tesla using the phone numbers on the Superchargers or via the SOS button in the car?

I think I’ve tried a few times to report a dodgy charger or damaged cable and given up after 30 minutes on hold. I assume the same would happen if you were in an accident and it auto-dialed for help.