Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else Get this Spotify Bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm likely going to be submitting a bug with Tesla but I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this. I have a 2020 P3D+ with Premium Connectivity. When I'm at home, my car connects to my home access point. Often times, Spotify will read "No Connectivity" (see picture) when I'm connected to my WiFi. However, it doesn't correct itself when I move from WiFi to LTE, not that it should even read "No Connectivity" in the first place. In order to fix this, I have to leave the car/turn off the car/whatever. In other words, when this issue is happening, if I go into a store or something, it works fine when I get back into the car.

Anyone else run into this?

IMG_1128.jpg

I see it from time to time, but Spotify is very buggy. Every single time I get into the car and pick a playlist, I just get a spinning icon and blank page. I have to switch to Streaming or TuneIn then go back. Sometimes when I go back I will get the playlists, but if I pick any playlist it i blank with a spinning icon. Rinse and repeat then I can actually play songs.
This happens EVERY time. Even when the car is in may garage on wifi through the night. Car never picks up where it left off for Spotify. Once in a while it will do it for USB or even Slacker. Depends on its mood, I guess.

Reactions: KerryOH
Spotify will only play to one station at a time. If you listen to Spotify at home and don’t turn it off before opening it in your car, it will only work occasionally while it searches for the dominant signal. The further you are away from home, the better it connects. Best solution is to create a playlist from your favorites or past liked Spotify stations then using the App Sidify, download it to a thumb drive and use the USB option versus streaming. Sidify will only convert 100 tunes (files) at a time unless you go online to get the multiple option. I was able to build a 450 tune playlist in about 30 minutes using favorites and favorite stations. It took about 20 hours to convert all of them (works in the background while you sleep, work, etc.) Check the 1X option to speed it up with little loss in quality.

Spotify will only play to one station at a time. If you listen to Spotify at home and don’t turn it off before opening it in your car, it will only work occasionally while it searches for the dominant signal. The further you are away from home, the better it connects. Best solution is to create a playlist from your favorites or past liked Spotify stations then using the App Sidify, download it to a thumb drive and use the USB option versus streaming. Sidify will only convert 100 tunes (files) at a time unless you go online to get the multiple option. I was able to build a 450 tune playlist in about 30 minutes using favorites and favorite stations. It took about 20 hours to convert all of them (works in the background while you sleep, work, etc.) Check the 1X option to speed it up with little loss in quality.

Very good point! I didn't even think it could be caused by using Spotify on my computer and such. "Not Connectivity" is not quite the best behavior to have, but it makes sense.

Have you tried flipping to one if the other streaming apps like TuneIn or slacker then back. For a while mine would be stuck on Spotify (it didn’t say no connectivity) but it might as well have been. But flipping to something else and back fixed it.

Part of the bugginess is the single device active at a time. But you should not have to go stop the other device first. It will stop it and only play on the last device you interact with.