Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I did the impossible yesterday. I locked myself out of my Plaid!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty new at this Tesla stuff with the New Y , but bought groceries and walking up to the car used my phone to pop the frunk. set my phone down next to the rubber seal and put the groceries in then without thinking set the hood down and latched it.

I did have my key card in my wallet. Got in the car and thought where's my phone? Oh Oh . tried to open the hood by using the screen but it did nothing. Then tried using the key card on the console. Nothing.

Out of desperation, put the car in gear and back in park and Finally the hood unlatched when hood was tapped.

I left my phone in the car once at a shopping center .
It Occurred to me that during that entire time, Anyone could have just got in and drove off.
Now I check for the phone in hand leaving the car every time.

Last edited:
Is that a setting that can be modified, so that if the phone is in the frunk or trunk the car can still be opened? I know thats a bit of a double-edged sword but I would hate for this to happen to my wife what she is with the kids (every once in a while she forgets her wallet at home and that is where the backup keycard is).

My car asked me to use the car key to start driving this morning. The car didn't lock itself when I parked the car at work. I found out that airplane mode was enabled on the phone.

I also wish that Tesla gives a way to tell me that I forget to take out the phone from the car (sending messages from the phone to the smart watch when nobody is setting in the car).

I also want the car to automatically lock when my phone is away more than 6 feet from the car, instead of 25 to 30 feet.

Reactions: 455dan
Time to buy an Apple Watch with Bluetooth key. 🤣

IMG_0265.png

Reactions: 455dan