Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else have door rattles in their Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several rattles in the headliner area--following repairs to the FW doors--been through several rounds of repair attempts. The SC has been incredibly helpful and tried their best to deal with them. Some worked, some didn't. Have been waiting for nearly a month now for a replacement headliner to arrive after the tech had "escalated."

Other than the headliner roof area, the rest of the car has been remarkably solid. The driver (ventilated) seat, however, starts to creak at times but not enough to warrant a separate visit. That has been a known issue with this particular seat, but I love my ventilated seat. It's a must-have option for me.

I would say my 3/2017 build MX is not any worse but not significantly quieter than other high-end cars I had before, including a BMW 745i and a 2014 X5. The X5 has held up the best overall in terms of build quality after 36 months, but it can't match the MX in most other areas.

No major rattles I'd say but my sound annoyances are:

- 2nd row passenger side seat creaks over bumps/angles, etc.
- a passenger vent has something in it that rattles with small sound when air is on high
- the driver seat, side cover (black shiny part) is two pieces, softer plastic, and creaks/rubs against itself constantly when driving which is my biggest annoyance - bad design on this part.