Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having Auto Piliot issues? (Swerving during lane changes)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely take a video. That sort of thing happening multiple times in a row on an open freeway with no onramps/offramps or other complexity is definitely unexpected.

I assume you are using NoA with you commanding lane changes (no completely auto lane change - I can't remember all the exact option names)? Or is this NoA with Unconfirmed Lane Change? Some details on configuration would be good.

Definitely take a video. That sort of thing happening multiple times in a row on an open freeway with no onramps/offramps or other complexity is definitely unexpected.

I assume you are using NoA with you commanding lane changes (no completely auto lane change - I can't remember all the exact option names)? Or is this NoA with Unconfirmed Lane Change? Some details on configuration would be good.

My settings...

Speed based lane changes - Mad Max
Require lane change confirmation - No
Lane change Notification - Both vibrate and chime
Speed limit - Absolute
Limit- 80 mph

Yep, I've had a few of these, including a recent road trip on 24.4. Insufficient experience with 28.3.1 to have any data.

It's like the car gets spooked, but I can't see what spooked it. Maybe it starts thinking about something else and forgets what it was trying to do. Damned artificial intelligence!