Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else with AP2 not working at all?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the 17.3.2 update, I got the "Driver Assistance Features Unavailable -- if issue persists, contact Tesla service." No features are working at this point, not even regular cruise control.

This warning message has been on my dashboard ever since. It doesn't seem to be related to calibration, since there is a specific calibration message. I did reboot and shut down the car, and cleaned cameras and sensors, and even ran the windshield wipers. No go. Contacted Tesla, and after some basic troubleshooting (turn car off, make sure auto steer was on) we determined that I'm going to have to take the car in.

I'm wondering who else is having problems.

Pretty sure that's the message which has been stated here and means your cameras need adjustment (or maybe they will do a software patch which will fix for most). The other message is something about needing calibration which means driving it will sort it out.

Reactions: Matias
I am getting the same message as you "Driver Assistance Features Unavailable -- if issue persists, contact Tesla service." This is different from the cameras are calibrating. So, I assume I have some issues as well. I do get vehicles detected in front of me, but, they are jumping right and left on the display. I observed when two vehicles are directly in front of me, the car directly ahead shows correctly in my lane. The one ahead of it is off to the right and not directly in front of the car in front of me. That tells me that the camera is correctly positioning the car in front of me. And, since the car in front me blocks the view of the second car, that radar is not aligned correctly. I believe that is why vehicles jump left and right on the display. Radar and cameras should work in collaboration. In my case, they seem to be conflicting on position.

I am seeing the same message on my AP2 MX several times. But I can still turn on autopilot on highway only when the speed is under 45mph. Consistent with what Elon said, "Auto steer limited to 45 mph on highways for now, i.e. heavy traffic, where it is needed most. Limit will raise as we get more data."

Wanted to post a quick update. I had similar issues as OP. Today, in the garage, I shut down the car through the settings menu. I then left it there for about 8 hours. When I came back to the garage, the car was strangely on (I believe you're supposed to press the brake pedal to turn it back on, I didn't do that). It again displayed the message that AP wasn't available. However this message disappeared once I pulled out of the garage. When driving I was able to see lane markings, cars in front of me, etc. I was able to engage TACC without issue several times and it worked as expected. So the shut down seems to have worked. After I pulled back into the garage, I got the warning again that AP wasn't available. Must be something about the confined space.

Tried shutting it down for a few hours, too. Still the same issue. Nothing works, and I also get beeps and warnings every so often. Kind of seriously getting on my nerves. Fine, it doesn't work, but does my MX need to tell me this ALL THE TIME and also make that awful warning sign?

I got my X last month at the end of December, and I got all the updates, but I still get the same message about "Driver Assistance Features Unavailable ..." However, my adaptive cruise control works. Only thing that doesn't is the Auto Steer (Beta). The funny thing is that when I was stuck in traffic and only on a certain stretch of the Orange Crush in Orange County, CA, did the Auto Steer feature suddenly come on. Then it went off after I passed that point of the freeway. Sorry for going off topic, but besides the Enhanced Autopilot challenges, has any of you who got your Model X delivered in December experienced a laundry list of problems with it ranging from window molding misalignment to flat tire to sudden beeping noises followed by deceleration and acceleration?

IMG_0623.PNG