Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone experience wind noise from lower passenger portion of windshield?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,
First of all thanks to all the contributors of the forum. I've been lurking for about 4 weeks now and enjoying all the helpful information. I took delivery of a Sr+ about three weeks ago and I've been really enjoying the car and learning about it all the time.

However, since day on the car has had some wind noise that sounds like its emanating from the bottom passenger corner of the windshield (near the dashboard). I've looked really closely at the trim ahead of the passenger window right next to the side mirror and I don't believe that is where the sound is coming from. I'd seen other posts about wind noise coming from the top of the windshield but I haven't found anyone complaining about my situation... Just wondering if others have experienced this.

Hi Folks,
First of all thanks to all the contributors of the forum. I've been lurking for about 4 weeks now and enjoying all the helpful information. I took delivery of a Sr+ about three weeks ago and I've been really enjoying the car and learning about it all the time.

However, since day on the car has had some wind noise that sounds like its emanating from the bottom passenger corner of the windshield (near the dashboard). I've looked really closely at the trim ahead of the passenger window right next to the side mirror and I don't believe that is where the sound is coming from. I'd seen other posts about wind noise coming from the top of the windshield but I haven't found anyone complaining about my situation... Just wondering if others have experienced this.
Yes I get that too.

Hi Folks,

Yes, me too. Had mobile service replace the triangle piece. The old piece didn't have any double-faced tape. The new piece did, but didnt solve the problem. I still hear the same noise coming from the same area.

I have it too and it kicks up when I go faster than 50 miles an hour. I feel like it’s air coming thru the frunk or some other area within the body. I didn’t have this sound before I took my car in for a tire rotation when they serviced the frunk latch for a TSB. Since then it made more noise so I’m wondering if everything wasn’t put back in right or it’s the cabin filter housing or frunk housing that is letting air rush in?

I have it too and it kicks up when I go faster than 50 miles an hour. I feel like it’s air coming thru the frunk or some other area within the body. I didn’t have this sound before I took my car in for a tire rotation when they serviced the frunk latch for a TSB. Since then it made more noise so I’m wondering if everything wasn’t put back in right or it’s the cabin filter housing or frunk housing that is letting air rush in?

Saw this on another thread. On the passenger side frunk hinge there is a piece of plastic attached to it. Try taping it to the hinge or removing it. I tried removing it and I still have the wind noise.

From outside your car, check the area at the bottom corner of the windshield. There's a piece of plastic that doesn't fit all that well, that can either cause rattles, or if in the airstream in the wrong way, can cause whistling or other noise. Try to seat it as correctly as possible.
IMG_0856.jpg

Now for those who suspect air rushing into their frunk, you can put a gasket to fill the space between the hood and the quarter panels. I just used leftover gaskets from my door seals. It's not pretty, but I must have used 6 pieces. There's a Youtube video of someone demonstrating the aerodynamics of the front end, and he showed that air flows into that gap, so I thought I'd fill it.
IMG_3079.jpg

Wind noise/rattle issue resolved! Mine was the coming from the passenger side front wheel well.

The wheel well “arch” liner was improperly installed from the factory, causing a flutter at speeds > 50mph. Techs replaced and installed a new wheel arch liner along better lining (foam inside?). Problem solved.