Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Familiar with ReCurrentAuto.com Battery Evaluation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recurrent evaluates my Model Y battery each month. My Y is about 9.5 months old and has 14,700 miles on it. The last evaluation report (see attachment) say my range is 300 miles and that it is significantly below other Model Ys of the same age/mileage. The 300 miles agrees with the 100% charge limit on the Tesla app, but what I would like to know is if Recurrent just uses the BMS estimate to provide their range information, or if it makes a deeper dive into the battery condition and is more accurate than the BMS estimate displayed on the app. Anyone have any insight on this? It is a bit concerning that I've 'apparently' lost 26 miles of range already and that my Y is significantly below the range Recurrent has seen on other Ys. I've tried, and am continuing to try, the BMS calibration charging routine as discussed in the 'sticky' section, but not much has changed.
Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 12.55.42 PM.png

I signed up and get reports on both my Model Y’s. Interestingly the reports both look the same and seem to match yours as well. I noticed the wording they use is “the variation we see in comparable vehicles”. Which leads me to wonder what is the sample size they are using? Is it me and 8 other people who signed up for this new service?

• Funny
Reactions: 101dals
I tried Recurrent for two months. I ultimately got rid of the service. It woke the car up at least three times a day to take a measurement. I went from losing 0-1% charge per day (I don't hog the charger in my complex and stay plugged in all the time) to using about 2-3% SoC per day while parked. I reached out to Recurrent to see how often they wake the car, and they claim it was every 6-8 hours. The email was quite rude and condescending, actually, stating I must be losing that much range due to other factors. He stated he uses the same service on his model 3 and "doesn't see the same range hit." A few hours later, without asking for it, the support person then pulled up all the data on my car and sent it to me showing me they had access to my car, its lock state, charge state, speed and location every 6-8 hours. While I'm sure he was trying to prove that the service wasn't at fault, I quickly disconnected. I haven't had more than 1% SoC loss over 24 hours since.

I have also decided to become a bit more "Zen" with my battery. I charge when its low and I use the car as needed. I use sentry mode in public places, but keep it off at home and work. (I park with a small cluster of other teslas :-D) I don't often look at the guess-o-meter for my max range, which seems to fluctuate between 309-321 miles at 100% SoC (in the app at least). Recurrent said it was 317. I say, who cares? If I need to charge on a road trip, I'm almost never far enough from a supercharger. Plan ahead and you'll be fine. Just drive and enjoy.

Was going to try Recurrent but waking the vehicle four to six times a day is a show stopper for me. I use the EEVEE phone app and they read much of the same information as Recurrent but ONLY do so when the car is already awake. Not sure why Recurrent could not do the same? EEEVE has never woke the car up in over a year.

Reactions: Mrdrbot23
So did you not use Recurrent app? I didn’t like it’s association Smartcar. Has anyone asked a Tesla rep. what they think about this app? I’d like to quanitfy my battery health but wonder about having it in my Tesla.com acct. Opinions?