Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone familiar with the Buy Back process?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I requested a buyback on my MX which I bought used from Tesla 6mo ago. I live in Atlanta and was traveling to Raleigh with my dog and the MX died on a Tesla Supercharger at Sheets. Tesla said my loaner can't leave NC, I don't live in NC I live in Atlanta and how do I get home with my dog?

The whole reason I traveled with him was of Dog mode and it would be easy to leave him in the car while I make stops. Now I have no car, no dog mode, the MX needs a new HV Battery, the battery pack, because it died on a Supercharger. I have had other safety issues since I picked it up and have been in service at least 4x and had home service too. The MX is great car, but this one I have safety concerns knowing the battery died after <5 years and only 30k miles on it, the front end was messed with when I picked it up and they had to replace the front suspension or struts or something. The front end had almost every bolt lose when I bought it and you could tell someone had every panel off the front sides, hood, and front fascia.

Looking for any advice? The service manager was great and I always stick to be kind and use honey, not vinegar.

Recent posts stated that they worked with the service center manager to initiate the conversation and the buyback process. However, since you bought your MX used and you’re not the first owner… no idea how that goes.

Otherwise, your next bet will be to call a lemon law lawyer, if you’re still within the new car warranty period. The attorney would probably be the best person to tell you if you have a case or not. I wouldn’t mention to Tesla if this is being considered.
Good luck.