Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Finance Through USAA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a sweet rate (2.09% @ 72mos) locked in and am now trying to navigate the process of completing the loan. Looks like I need to get Tesla to complete a Dealer Funding Request form. How did you manage that? Did you go through your SA?

Thanks in advance!

I'm getting through USAA as well with 1.89% 60 months. I called my SA and they sent me a text requesting the DFR paperwork. They gave me an email address to send it too. I then called back a few days later and i asked of they got the paperwork and they did and right now everything looks good. I pick up on the 22nd. I'll see then i guess.

I'm getting through USAA as well with 1.89% 60 months. I called my SA and they sent me a text requesting the DFR paperwork. They gave me an email address to send it too. I then called back a few days later and i asked of they got the paperwork and they did and right now everything looks good. I pick up on the 22nd. I'll see then i guess.
Thanks! Good to know there's a path to make that happen. Congrats on your imminent delivery!

I was impatient ;) and called USAA before our local store opened this morning. They ended up redoing my loan with info from the MVPA and are overnighting me a check made out to Tesla. I then talked to my SA and he updated my account to indicate I was going with 3rd party financing so now I need to pay the down payment through Plaid and bring the USAA check to delivery.

Reactions: flee2000
FYI you can also extend that 1.89 rate out to 63 months if you wanted. I did the DCU match thing but if I didn’t I was going to go with USAA.

I have a sweet rate (2.09% @ 72mos) locked in and am now trying to navigate the process of completing the loan. Looks like I need to get Tesla to complete a Dealer Funding Request form. How did you manage that? Did you go through your SA?

Thanks in advance!
I literally took delivery yesterday in less than 30 mins and basically just handed him the USAA form and they took it from there.
Super easy, my friend.

Did you have a down payment? If so, did you bring a bank check for that?
I did an ACH payment. At the "find your bank" (I forget the exact title) screen I entered a made up name. I used something along the lines of first State Bank of Mars. When it can't find the institution you have the option to proceed by entering in routing and account numbers vice logging in through plaid.

I did this at the point of delivery. Again, didn't need to contact USAA or order a cashier's check ahead of time.

Process would have been the same if you used plaid. I just preferred not to share my login details.

ACH cleared the checking account in ~72 hours but showed in progress on Tesla's end immediately.

• Helpful
Reactions: mrwug
I assume you guys are military (or family) since you used USAA. I'm AD, FL resident, stationed in UT and requested to take delivery in Vegas. Reason for Vegas over SLC is my SA said they can't just give me a temp tag and let me go without paying UT sales tax, but agreed I could in NV after I sent them the NV tax website explicitly allowing it (30 tag tag, leaving reg and sales tax to me and the state I register it in). My reservation still shows registration in UT, which is for sure wrong (registering FL independent of the delivery situation), but maybe their system isn't capable of distinguishing between where I live and it being different from my state of registration. My SA ghosted me after agreeing to switch delivery to NV... 4 months ago.

BL, I've bought several vehicles over the course of my career and have never paid sales tax at the POS, handling that and the FL registration myself with their military process, and Tesla (or at least my former SA) said it wasn't possible. Appreciate anything you can share about your situation and experience.