Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone getting 2 Years Free Supercharging/Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what the sales manager said. I get 2 year SC, Referrer gets 2000 SC mile. BUT... I do not have this in writing, nor can I tell from my order details... Does free SC show up on the order details? Or only after taking delivery?

The key is to stay in touch with the Advisor that helped you ordering the car (and treat him/her nicely :).) Down the process he/she will help put all the numbers together for you.

Thanks. I called the sales guy again that helped me and he said he has already put in a request for the 2 year SC. So it seems like it is NOT automatic in the system... Some guy has to request it, some guy has to click it to approve, and somehow it will show up in the account.

i rewatched an Undecided/Matt Ferrell video, and he said his vehicle order referral grants 2 years supercharging.

anyone used that?

i figured the other perk of 2000 miles / 250mi (average) = 8 charges which is probably not that great.... makes once/quarter over 2 years.

so the 2yr promo is back AND Referrer will still get the 2000 SC mile? Wow what happened to the Elon "looking into it" tweet theory? If anyone else is ordering and able to do both LMK.

The 2 year supercharging as a referral bonus to the buyer was in place a few hours before the Free Extras ever came about. The Free Extras was the thing that got terribly communicated and now seems to have disappeared. The 2 year supercharging should still apply if you get delivery before end of month and use a referral code when placing your order.
I would definitely make sure to use a code when initially ordering and then follow up with your OA immediately after ordering to make sure it is added.

Holmgang: Anyone's referral code is the same value as the next gal/guy's. Don't believe otherwise.
The referrer should still get the 2K miles though that is an assumption on my part.

The way it was explained to me today in the store, is that 2 YEAR SC bonus is a quarter-end promo (no need referral). Sales guy mentioned this 2 yr SC promo to me even before I talked about the referral link I got from my friend.

Then I said there's a 2000 mile SC promo (if you click on the referral link, you'll see it) but he said the 2 YEAR SC will override the 2K SC because the 2000 mile credit has to be used within 6 months. I then asked whether my friend will still get the 2000 mile referral bonus, which he replied yes.

I know it's confusing... o_O

Got linked to a Car that i've a scheduled delivery on 9/30.
I got two deviations free (color & wheels) but I'm not getting any free supercharging.
I called and spoke to my advisor and he is saying that either you get deviations or super charging, not together. He confirmed with me that only folks initially got this and now it requires a district manager approval. I requested him to talk to district manager to get approval and he is reluctant on this,
2 yrs free SC doesn't show up on my purchase agreement.
How to get this as i'm taking delivery on 9/30.
Who should I contact other than my advisor who is not very helpful on this super charging other than being awesome in every way. Is there a number that I can call and talk to in Tesla

Got linked to a Car that i've a scheduled delivery on 9/30.
I got two deviations free (color & wheels) but I'm not getting any free supercharging.
I called and spoke to my advisor and he is saying that either you get deviations or super charging, not together. He confirmed with me that only folks initially got this and now it requires a district manager approval. I requested him to talk to district manager to get approval and he is reluctant on this,
2 yrs free SC doesn't show up on my purchase agreement.
How to get this as i'm taking delivery on 9/30.
Who should I contact other than my advisor who is not very helpful on this super charging other than being awesome in every way. Is there a number that I can call and talk to in Tesla

Your advisor is stating what others on this forum have also been told. It’s either the two free upgrades or two years of supercharging but not both. However you still should be able to get the 2,000 free miles if you placed the order using a referral code link.

I would be pretty happy to be getting the two free upgrades as it sounds like they are eliminating that offer due to abuse.

Your advisor is stating what others on this forum have also been told. It’s either the two free upgrades or two years of supercharging but not both. However you still should be able to get the 2,000 free miles if you placed the order using a referral code link.

I would be pretty happy to be getting the two free upgrades as it sounds like they are eliminating that offer due to abuse.

this article still shows that you can get the 2 years free SC if you pickup delivery by 9/30
Tesla changes end-of-quarter incentives after some 'abuse' - Electrek

I'll be taking delivery of my Red/White P3D today, ordered on 08/05.

I declined the 2 years of Supercharging since they bumped up the referral miles from 1k to 2k.

My SA confirmed last night that I will be getting a $3K “referral credit” for the Multi-Coat Red and the white interior. My account page online also reflects the discount.

I declined the 2 years of Supercharging since they bumped up the referral miles from 1k to 2k.

My SA confirmed last night that I will be getting a $3K “referral credit” for the Multi-Coat Red and the white interior. My account page online also reflects the discount.
I also have a new Red/White Performance 3 and a New Red/Cream Performance X coming before the end of the month. Both were promised to get the 2 free upgrades. Neither price as been adjusted yet. I’ll cancel both if they don’t honor the agreed discount. It’s a big chunk of money so I also asked for the P3 to also get the free SC, they said no. I don’t think it would have been a big stretch for them to include it when buying multiple new cars plus we already have free SC on our other Teslas.

Last edited:

How long did it take for that credit to show up on your account, do you know?